The issues of the world......

Hi. I do

Hi. I do not think [ and this is just me ] if a guy gets surgery to be a women he is still a guy with parts cut off. He can never be a woman.

I've read a bit about these 'transitions' to womanhood where they don't get any bits cutoff. Some become women, then 'lesbians' lol. It's a real thing, a way to get sex and a lot of the lesbians can go either way so having a partner with a 'girl bobo' is ok for a percentage, others are forced or shamed into accepting it. There was a big flareup on Reddit r/lesbians over it way back, that's a hookup place for many of them. So the genuine girl-only lesbos went off and set up r/actuallesbians. The supermods at reddit didn't like that though, it was bigotry and they had to make changes.

I feel sorry for women, feminism was supposed to bring equality and freedom but all I see coming from it is dramas, dramas that started 50 years ago when women were encouraged to assert themselves and pursue careers above marriage. In the strict feminist sense any woman that chooses to be a stay at home mom is a traitor to the cause. Personally I think feminism is fantastic! It has freed men from the age old bondage of having to care for woman all their lives. They don't have to pay for women, it's all shared now. Certainly there would be downsides for men but I have managed to sidestep them. I'm not a Boomer, I'm and early Gen-X so I'm not bound by the moralistic old school thinking on the matter of Women. They are women, equals, and I don't have to worry about them, go out of my way to do the 'chivalrous' thing all the time. Modern women respect that.

Society is on a downward spiral in general......

It will continue to fall until something snaps it out of this trend.....

The Philosophical and Political Decline of Rome according to Cicero

The end of the Roman Republic initiated the decline of the Roman Empire as a whole. Marcus Tullius Cicero lived through these turbulent times, and he marked the Republic’s passing with grief because his warnings had gone unheard. Cicero was Rome’s most feared politician and one of the greatest lawyers and statesmen of all time...

Cicero advocated a change in philosophy to save the Republic from decline. The great orator argued for or against every philosophical system in four of his works. He discussed indifference to death, enduring pain, alleviating stress, peace of mind, and the pursuit of happiness. Because Cicero believed that philosophy substitutes for political activity, he believed the downfall of the Republic evidenced the moral failure of Roman statesmen.

Cicero also claimed the moral philosophy of Rome was a failure. His personal philosophy mirrored the Stoic belief that true law equaled reason. Good would always be good; evil would always be evil. Cicero believed high moral standards should be upheld with determination and restraint. In his book On Duties, Cicero expounded on the corrupt moral values of Rome, and he accosted Mark Antony for his flagrant sexual practices. In the end Cicero postulated that the cause of Rome’s moral corruption lay at the door of its leadership who had taken away the rights of the citizens.

To the end of his life, Cicero remained steadfast in the belief that the Republic would fall because of philosophical and political problems. When the civil war came between Octavian and Mark Antony, Cicero supported Octavian in hopes that he would restore republican values. Although Octavian won the war, he issued in a new era of government. Cicero’s Republic had died, and the decline of Rome was now inevitable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's interesting to look at the timelines of Empires. The Egyptian Empire lasted 500 years in it's second and major iteration but it had existed before that for 1000 years and more as a kingdom. Then there were smaller ones like the Hittite and Babylonian, and Assyrian which vared in length, I liken these to the Dutch and French and German Empires of the 18th and 19th centuries, big, but not all encompassing. Then came Rome of course, 500 years and more, then the dark ages, then the modern era with Spain, England, and finally the U.S. These latter empires collapsed a lot faster than their earlier predecessors, The English after 200 years, and now the U.S. looking down the barrel of defeat after only 100 years.

Time is speeding up.

Last edited:
The Philosophical and Political Decline of Rome according to Cicero

The end of the Roman Republic initiated the decline of the Roman Empire as a whole. Marcus Tullius Cicero lived through these turbulent times, and he marked the Republic’s passing with grief because his warnings had gone unheard. Cicero was Rome’s most feared politician and one of the greatest lawyers and statesmen of all time...

Cicero advocated a change in philosophy to save the Republic from decline. The great orator argued for or against every philosophical system in four of his works. He discussed indifference to death, enduring pain, alleviating stress, peace of mind, and the pursuit of happiness. Because Cicero believed that philosophy substitutes for political activity, he believed the downfall of the Republic evidenced the moral failure of Roman statesmen.

Cicero also claimed the moral philosophy of Rome was a failure. His personal philosophy mirrored the Stoic belief that true law equaled reason. Good would always be good; evil would always be evil. Cicero believed high moral standards should be upheld with determination and restraint. In his book On Duties, Cicero expounded on the corrupt moral values of Rome, and he accosted Mark Antony for his flagrant sexual practices. In the end Cicero postulated that the cause of Rome’s moral corruption lay at the door of its leadership who had taken away the rights of the citizens.

To the end of his life, Cicero remained steadfast in the belief that the Republic would fall because of philosophical and political problems. When the civil war came between Octavian and Mark Antony, Cicero supported Octavian in hopes that he would restore republican values. Although Octavian won the war, he issued in a new era of government. Cicero’s Republic had died, and the decline of Rome was now inevitable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's interesting to look at the timelines of Empires. The Egyptian Empire lasted 500 years in it's second and major iteration but it had existed before that for 1000 years and more as a kingdom. Then there were smaller ones like the Hittite and Babylonian, and Assyrian which vared in length, I liken these to the Dutch and French and German Empires of the 18th and 19th centuries, big, but not all encompassing. Then came Rome of course, 500 years and more, then the dark ages, then the modern era with Spain, England, and finally the U.S. These latter empires collapsed a lot faster than their earlier predecessors, The English after 200 years, and now the U.S. looking down the barrel of defeat after only 100 years.

Time is speeding up.
The USA has been around far longer than 100 yrs...(1776)

There were several empires that disappeared over time...the Mayans, Incas, Mongols, Byzantines, Ottoman, and many, many more...

The world has been through a lot of transitions over the past millennia.....

The most recent collapse of an empire is the British Empire and the Soviet Empire.......and there will be more to add to this list before long.

The “Camelot “ that was the USA, is in decline. Look at our choices for President , can’t they find better candidates or does no one want the job. I guess I know the answer already. The amount of mentally disturbed people has increased, and we are listening to them instead of putting them away. I was lucky to have lived in the era I did, just sorry I lived long enough to see it end. Good luck to you younger people, I hope you do a better job then we did.

The “Camelot “ that was the USA, is in decline. Look at our choices for President , can’t they find better candidates or does no one want the job. I guess I know the answer already. The amount of mentally disturbed people has increased, and we are listening to them instead of putting them away. I was lucky to have lived in the era I did, just sorry I lived long enough to see it end. Good luck to you younger people, I hope you do a better job then we did.
Amen to that!

People doing things now that would have landed them in prison even 10 yrs ago....who'd a thought a male would ever be changing in a woman's change room or openly participating in their activities as self proclaimed women....

....not cool.....

.....what is it with the de-masculinization of younger men these days?

While out today I saw at least 4 of them with man-buns and man-purses slung over their shoulder.....following a few paces behind their women folk pushing the grocery cart.......

These are the same jokers that would be expected to protect their family in the event of a home invasion or something.....I can see them curling up in a ball while their women fight the home invader off.....

I read somewhere this morning that the only reason the US and South Korea haven't gone in and wiped out Kim Jong Un and his band of misfits is they estimate it would cost too much to bring North Korea up to the 21st century as their infrastructure and everything is still in the '60s.....

With all the saber rattling he is doing......it's high time to take that regime out....before he gets dangerous.

While out today I saw at least 4 of them with man-buns and man-purses slung over their shoulder.....following a few paces behind their women folk pushing the grocery cart.......

These are the same jokers that would be expected to protect their family in the event of a home invasion or something.....I can see them curling up in a ball while their women fight the home invader off.....
Nobody is forcing them. But yeah, I get it.

I read somewhere this morning that the only reason the US and South Korea haven't gone in and wiped out Kim Jong Un and his band of misfits is they estimate it would cost too much to bring North Korea up to the 21st century as their infrastructure and everything is still in the '60s.....

With all the saber rattling he is doing......it's high time to take that regime out....before he gets dangerous.
I tend to disagree here. China would respond very rapidly if we took N Korea out. No way would China tolerate a strong advanced democracy as its new neighbor. It would be just like Putin and Ukraine. Ukraine wouldn't have been invaded had they not wanted to become NATO..

I tend to disagree here. China would respond very rapidly if we took N Korea out. No way would China tolerate a strong advanced democracy as its new neighbor. It would be just like Putin and Ukraine. Ukraine wouldn't have been invaded had they not wanted to become NATO..
I think Russia was planning an invasion either way...there has been tension between the two since the Soviet break up..

Ack on China, they killed a lot of allied soldiers during the open Korean war in the '50s quick enough......probably do the same now and are the only thing keeping North Korea in check right now....once they lose control they might even sort them out themselves....

Amazing how differently we see things. The character of a person, in my experience, is not measured in appearance or demeanor. I’ve seen my share of macho types curl up as you say when the the going gets tough. Neither one of us is wrong; we have a collection of experiences tinted by our opinions and beliefs.
Masculinity, in my opinion, is a romanticized term by overused as an adjective in a traditional sense and thus confused with toughness and character.

Last edited:
Amazing how differently we see things. The character of a person, in my experience, is not measured in appearance or demeanor. I’ve seen my share of macho types curl up as you say when the the going gets tough. Neither one of us is wrong; we have a collection of experiences tinted by our opinions and beliefs.
Masculinity, in my opinion, is a romanticized term by overused as an adjective in a traditional sense and thus confused with toughness and character.
Generally if it quacks like a duck...........

Generally if someone appears to be capable and carries themselves like they are, they are...of course this isn't 100% infallible though....

That's my experience......

Really? Did you know that John Wayne was really 5’6” and spoke with a lisp?
Shocked Netflix GIF by Jeff Dunham

Generally if it quacks like a duck........

Generally if someone appears to be capable and carries themselves like they are, they are...of course this isn't 100% infallible though....
Not even close to infallible
That’s my experience
You use the duck analogy I counter with the book by it’s cover

Last edited:
The USA has been around far longer than 100 yrs...(1776)

Yes I know, and Rome was around for a long time before it became an empire too. Rome was a true republic up until the Caesar's, then it became an Empire. There was a point in the last century when historians believe America made this transition too. After 1945 some say, though some point to an earlier transition, back when the United States exercised significant control over Cuba, annexed Hawaii, and claimed Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines as territories. Personally I think 1945 is more likely because that was when the US truly expanded it's influence globally and the $US became the world's reserve currency, a classic sign of the dominant empire.

I don't want to seem to be belaboring the point but the point is the "Dominant Empire" Such as Rome was, such as Britian was, as America is today, exerts an undue influence on the rest of the world. These ideas of gender and finance and whatever mostly had their roots in the Empire which for 80 years has controlled the thinking in the West. How many US TV shows did you grow up watching? That's cultural influence, and then for example, when the US went off the gold standard and onto a free floating currency because of the massive debts it was acruing all other nations followed suit. They had to to keep up, and because all major commodities are traded globally in $US. When the US health officals proclaimed lockdowns of society were deemed necessary due to the corona virus all other nations followed suit. Except for a few, like Sweden. The dominat Empire leads the way. We might think we are independent, but the state of our societies say otherwise. We have all the same problems because we are all following the same lead.

Not that I'm suggesting we would have done much better under another empire, all power driven empires go this way, Power generally corrupts as they say. But this Empire is running out of steam, Fast! And typically the way an Empire restores it's power base is War, all out War in this case probably.

Quite. Even when they were a backward non-nuclear power they drove the US forces back out of N-korea. They don't want the West on their border. Apparently they issued a statement to the Japanese, that in the event japan got involved in a battle for Taiwan, even sent a boatload of soldiers, China would Nuke them repeatedly and then divide the nation up into 5 states lol. I think they might be serious about it too.

Quite. Even when they were a backward non-nuclear power they drove the US forces back out of N-korea. They don't want the West on their border. Apparently they issued a statement to the Japanese, that in the event japan got involved in a battle for Taiwan, even sent a boatload of soldiers, China would Nuke them repeatedly and then divide the nation up into 5 states lol. I think they might be serious about it too.
I doubt they'd nuke Japan. They would poison most of the Asian rim with radiation.

I doubt they'd nuke Japan. They would poison most of the Asian rim with radiation.

It will be a matter of timing.
Japan's prevailing winds blow from the south or the east. For a few months in winter, they blow from the north
From December to March, winter, prevailing winds blow from north east. Even then, that will blow any fallout over the Pacific Ocean.

Back