The EV Solid State Battery is coming

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered

For the anti EV crowd, here is my prognoses.

If you are 50 or younger, very likely that you will own an EV one day.

If you are 60, it may happen, it may not.

If you are 70 and anti EV, you are doomed, lost, there is no hope for you, highly unlikely you will ever own one.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

For the anti EV crowd, here is my prognoses.

If you are 50 or younger, very likely that you will own an EV one day.

If you are 60, it may happen, it may not.

If you are 70 and anti EV, you are doomed, lost, there is no hope for you, highly unlikely you will ever own one.

View attachment 1675430
If this tech can be made affordable and actually comes to the market, it would be a real game changer and make EV more viable...

The good thing is companies are really working hard perfecting this tech.

If this tech can be made affordable and actually comes to the market, it would be a real game changer and make EV more viable...

The good thing is companies are really working hard perfecting this tech.
The tech has already been developed and proved.

It’s like peeling an onion and dicing it in perfect squares for a salad by hand. The next step is to figure out how to build a machine, which can peel and dice the onions in the same manner at 500 onions a minute.

Although these new batteries would extend range and quicken recharge times, they are heavy and will still have the same issues as LI batteries in using a non-renewable resource in building them and in many cases fossil fuel powered electrical generators to recharge them.

But, they are a step forward from the current battery development so that's a good thing....

I personally think the implementation time line is a bit off......it will take decades for EV to be the primary mode of transportation if all goes to plan that is....

they are heavy
Actually they weigh about a third as much as lithium ion batteries
I personally think the implementation time line is a bit off......it will take decades for EV to be the primary mode of transportation if all goes to plan that is....
Decades? Not hardly. Toyota is pushing for 2027, though that might be optimistic, I’d say by 2030 our gas guzzlers are going to start becoming dinosaurs.
But, they are a step forward from the current battery development so that's a good thing....
I’d say a leap forward but there we agree

How many decades?

First flight Wright Brothers 1903
First rocket into space Wernher Von Brown 1942
First man on the moon, 1969.

So 6 decades from the first flight to putting a man on the moon.

I believe you seriously underestimate the ability of humanity to push the envelope.

Back