The days go by, and still...

I am touched.

My Dad still lives; he will be 80 this year and still seems in better shape than guys 10 years his junior. But I can tell he's getting slower at a greater rate. I worked with my Dad and saw him every day for 30 years and I was better for it. I don't know how I'm going to get through what is inevitably gonna happen soon enough. I look at my 10 year old daughter, know my time on this earth is finite, and I don't know how I'm going to help her through it either.

Sorry for your loss.

Its been over 16 years since my grandpa passed. June of every year since I got back into riding, I ride to his grave. (he died June 21) I still cry.
After I leave, I feel better, like he knows I'm checking in on him...or maybe he's checking in on me? :dunno:

I cannot imagine the loss of a parent. I am sorry for the pain you still feel. Rejoice in the time you were together and memories you have of him. Do not mourn the loss as it is all in Gods plans.

I too am struggling. Living from check to check and I feel like a skipping rock just waiting to sink. There is something my father says to me often these days.

'No matter what you accomplish or how successful you do or don't become I will always be proud of you.'

I'm sure your dad was proud of you every minute of his life.

PACIFICBUSA, I think your dad knew, and KNOWS that you loved him and now miss him.
Hold on to those good memories, forget about what you did or did not do. Lifes to short to dwell on things that hurt. Be strong.
I lost my father two months before my third birthday, I had a step dad for a short time, but when he left my mom, I was pretty lost; I spent years `feeling sorry for myself`...
I am the dad now, and do the best I can at being a good father, provide for my kids, and try not to let a day go by without telling every one of my family that I LOVE THEM.
FWIW- I dont ask my `Higher Power` (GOD), for much, usually just say thanks for all my blessings....there have been times in life when I was down/depressed and it seemed to help when I prayed / asked for his help.

Hey Paul,

I can relate brother... I lost my mom nearly 15 years ago now, and it still hurts..

Thinkin about you man. Take care.

Paul,

Hang tough. Remember the positive things you had with your father. You were very fortunate to have a good relationship with him.

--Wag--

Pac, just wanted to convey to you that I could feel your anguish as I read your post here. I am sadend that you have found yourself in such a plight and hope you will find a place and time to finally not hurt so much.

My adoptive father passed away from Lukemia. It was a sudden and fast thing. We had a less than loving relationship, but yet he taught me what I needed to be a man and stand on my own two feet with head held high, shoulders back and chest out. So I can relate, regret is a horrible thing to have to live with.

Just keep on keeping on, Sir. It takes time, and unfortunately time takes it's time!

Pacific, you hang in there. It gets better, but still hurts. Especially at Dads birthday. Take care of those kids.

Back