Give your dad a hug today

Greygoose

Registered
If you still have your Dad,tell him he's appreciated and give him a hug.Tell him you love him-he'll like that more than you might realize.I lost my dad a little while ago-he was 71 years old.He was the one who taught me some of the most valuable things in life while we are on this earth-to work hard and not to lay in bed all day.It's because of him that I have a successful business and nice home,vehicles,enough to eat and plenty of hobby toys.He and my mother both taught me about God and how he wants us to live.Taught me how to fish.How to hunt.How to build.How to wrench.Taught me how to treat my wife and child with his example of the way that he treated my mother and us kids growing up.I miss Dad already,it's going to be tough without him,but he also taught me to be strong in tough times,so that I will do for him too.I'll see him again someday,until then his memory I will cherish.
Mike

Very sorry for your loss bro. Thanks for the reminder though. As proud, and happy with him as you are, I am sure he felt the same about you.

Great words.

I lost my dad 20 years ago and my older brother 12 years ago. I miss hem both everyday. I brought up my boys the way I was taught and my boys are doing great. Fine young men. I am pleased to see that my grandson is being brought up the same way also. he will be a great kid (He is already 2) as he grows

Sorry to hear about your loss. You are now the teacher, Pass your Dads knowledge and wisdom, along with your own, forward.

I lost mine at 18 I know how you feel, he sounded like a good man I'm guessing it runs in the family. I am very sorry for your loss, keep your chin up and god bless.

i lost mine at age 18 too and it was tough so i know how you feel, keep your chin up and be strong as he said.
god bless him, he is in a good place!

Very sorry for your loss, but appreciate you sharing such words of wisdom. There is never enough time my Brother...

I still have mine but he's on a walker now. I tried to take him fishing every time he wanted to go because I figured that something like this might happen and he couldn't get in the boat. he taught me to treat others like I wanted to be treated and so far, That has stuck with me. Dads can't be replaced but they can be remembered forever. I can understand how you feel because it'll be really hard when mine is gone, If I don't go first. Never guaranteed tomorrow.

Sorry for you loss brother. My Dad turned eighty last month and every day is a blessing. :bowdown:

If you hugged my dad you would get high on Codeine, Amphetamines, Doriden, vodka, Gin
and many more.

I havent seen my dad since i was 9.

never been hunting, been fishing a few times, taught myself everything i know that a father should have taught me.

Your father has touched as all through you, brother.

From what I can tell by the way you conduct yourself, he was a good man.

Rest in peace, dad.

I dread the day that my dad passes. He has helped me so much in the last couple of years when it has come to me needing to borrow money(which I always payback!!). Plus he has gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to bail my dumba ass out of jail when a lady tried to hit me in a parking lot and I ended up breaking her mirror. I truly appreciate all the things that he does for me!!!

My Dad is 73 and not in the greatest health but we talk every day and see him 2 or 3 times a week. I hope this goes on for a long time...:thumbsup:

Back