the day that will live

wtfwazat

Registered
Please take a moment to thank our WWII vets today. This is their 9/11.
Remember, politicians start wars and soldiers end them.
Job well done ladies and gentlemen.

Hero's, all of them. And we owe them our lives. I for one, never forget what the Veterans have done and are still doing for us today. We are free...thanks to a Veteran. We can sit in our office and talk sh*t to each other all day, and for that we owe a Veteran our thanks. The Veterans have done more for us than we can ever know. And also the current active duty members deserve our support and respect. You all have mine.

LTC David V Smith

Retired, and still in awe of the Pearl Harbor Vets

i dont think anyone really appreciates the real meaning of freedom until its taken from you.

REALLY go out and tell/show a service man thanks.  Hug/shank hands, even take them out to dinner, $10 is nothing for what we get in return.

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133965496 -->

i dont think anyone really appreciates the real meaning of freedom until its taken from you.

REALLY go out and tell/show a service man thanks.  Hug/shank hands, even take them out to dinner, $10 is nothing for what we get in return.
+1 for sure. It's a shame how many of the citizens of this country forget what has taken to attain our freedom and what it takes to retain it.

Thinking of our soldiers lost on this day...they should never be forgotten.

My grandfather was a WWII Navy vet...he passed away one year ago yesterday...he's been on my mind a lot and I recall last year how sad yet comforting it was that he passed away the day before Dec. 7th...I know I'm rambling...I really miss him...
sad.gif

My inlaws live just up the hill a little from PH and they were there at the event. Many many stories from the locals and some crazy stuff happened at that time. One of the worst I read was that later that day when our own flyers were returning they were shot down ( friendly fire ) thinking that it was the enemy.
sad.gif

Every year Japan sends reps and veterans to honor the dead of war. Strange to me...
rock.gif

http://starbulletin.com/2005/12/07/news/story01.html

<!--EDIT|Kento-Moto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133971975 -->

My daughters school had a veterans day assembly. There was a man there in his 80's/90's? He was quiet and unassuming. My Dad struck up a conversation with him. It turned out he was a WW2 vet. His B-17 was shot down over Germany and he spent a good bit of time as a POW. I remember thinking that this guy looked just like your average senior. The same type of guy that I can imagine myself stuck behind on the freeway as he goes 50 in the fast lane. Yet this man put his life in harms way for us, was shot at for us and sufferred through interment for us. Meeting this man reinforced my admiration for all those who have served.
I'm 40 years old. I have never had to face the draft, the loss of a friend to war, or the threat of invasion. Thank you to all those who served and to those that are serving now.

lmini001.gif
cool.gif

In honor of those that fought, and those that lost their lives, on this day 64 years ago.

Thank you to all our service people, and to them that were at Pearl Harbor on this day.

I remember reading "Day of Infamy" in 7th grade. It was a great read... and very profound.

They are in my thoughts and prayers as is our brothers who are currently in harms way.

Semper Fi

+1 i've been to the "pearl harbor" memorial several times and it is very depressing. cheers! to our troops than and now. thanks w/ great respect.

Back