Dec 7th 1941 a day that will not live in infamy

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So today is the anniversary that our country was attacked and we went to war. Our sailors, soldiers and citizens were killed, our naval fleet demolished and today our news media ignores it. I checked

ABC news they had nothing
CNN had a small text line linking to LIFE
NYTimes.com had nothing
Washington Post had nothing......

I did see that Opra has nothing to say about Sarah Palin, Cristina Appelgate pole dances pregnant, WikiLeaks is still hot, and absolutely nothing about our service men and women that died, nothing about our entry into the war, nothing about the greatest generation.....

My gosh folks what have we as a society turned into, this day should be on the minds of all of us, how can our news media have not mentioned this.... In 69 years will the twin towers be forgotten, will Oklahoma City be just another long gone memory?

To the service men and women from the greatest generation I thank you, I know there are none here but you can pass those sentiments on to your grandparents and neighbors for me. We can't allow our history be forgotten, when we forget where we came from we are destined to make the same mistakes again.

I am so very saddenned by the failure of the media to cover this event.....

cap

me either, in fact, I saw a little article on google news, linked to some other site that talked about FDR's reaction as "deadly calm" that day.

Pearl Harbor day: How FDR reacted on December 7, 1941 - CSMonitor.com

Great pic on the page as well
120710-pearl-harbor-marine_full_380.jpg

I too salute the greatest generation and all men & women that have or are serving our country. :usa:

You know, I was shocked yesterday that there was no lead-in story on the online news sites, something saying "Remember what tomorrow is"...pretty sad...

Many thanks to all that served :bowdown:

It seems I remember a December 7th about 68 years ago. I remember it vividly I was 11 years old, I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. I remember wondering
Where in the heck was Pearl Harbor located, I happen to have a battery radio on that I had built, my ear was glued to the speaker when the music program was interrupted about the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Sent to me by a friend! Just wanted to share.

I haven’t heard it mentioned today but just in case you forgot, the English we speak today could be Japanese. I haven’t heard Pearl Harbor mentioned today. The news media, TV

Or paper, have made no comments directed to or related to that dark day, A Sunday no less. Those that were there and those that are still there, did all and gave it all. From Pearl

Harbor to the beautiful USS Missouri riding high in Tokyo Bay, I salute those left standing and those resting throughout the world.

dont know what to say-
its sad when a few measly articles on crap like oprah and chrissie outshine the importance of what happened to our country, and the world, on this day...
i'm kinda bummed out now...
wish it wasn't so cold- i'd go for a ride...

The state of iowa is flying all flags at half-mast...

A couple of other things occured, but in either case, Iowa is recognising!

:salute:

We can't allow our history be forgotten, when we forget where we came from we are destined to make the same mistakes again.
This. I would only add that let's not forget the history that's there, but we were never taught in school.

Does anyone remember the day that Communism came to our country?

I am so very saddenned by the failure of the media to cover this event.....
That wasn't a failure, it's psychology, a la 1984.

Flags all around Atlanta were at half mast, but I heard no mention of it on TV last night. It seems that our nation has forgotten its past. With the current attitude of our nation and our ridiculous politics, nobody should be surprised when history is repeated. I'll keep the venting to myself...

My gosh folks what have we as a society turned into, this day should be on the minds of all of us, how can our news media have not mentioned this.... In 69 years will the twin towers be forgotten, will Oklahoma City be just another long gone memory?

cap

I doubt it very much CAP :cry:

With our Educational System and NEW Personal Self Centered Interest in our new 16 to 40 yr olds. We have turned into a electronic self important group of uneducated, uninformed duds.

Sorry, but the idea of my MY FACEBOOK, MY HOURLY TWITTER (ya know everyone wants to know what I'am doing and where I'am at :duh: ), and being on my Cell Phone, I just don't have anytime to do anything else like learning what's going on in the World or Remembering anything IMPORTANT in History of my COUNTRY :oh: !

SAD, VERY SAD :down:

Well, we can't 'remember' ,,, it might hurt someone's little feelings,,and you know how sensitive and important 'feelings' are nowadays ,,,:banghead:

Well at least the schools are teaching something my son and daughter both knew what day it was yesterday, i asked when we were eating dinner if they knew....

I doubt it very much CAP :cry:

With our Educational System and NEW Personal Self Centered Interest in our new 16 to 40 yr olds. We have turned into a electronic self important group of uneducated, uninformed duds.

Sorry, but the idea of my MY FACEBOOK, MY HOURLY TWITTER (ya know everyone wants to know what I'am doing and where I'am at :duh: ), and being on my Cell Phone, I just don't have anytime to do anything else like learning what's going on in the World or Remembering anything IMPORTANT in History of my COUNTRY :oh: !

SAD, VERY SAD :down:

explain your self centered interest...

explain your self centered interest...

When people spend most of their time while awake on their IPOD, Blackberry, Twittering, driving while using their cell phone for 70% to 80% of their time on personal things. Then they see themselves as Very Self Important. When people can't identify the Vice President or any MAJOR decission maker, but can ID most of the reality show people and know all about their lives. Then, they see that useless information as important to their lives. Which really shows how much their lives mean to themselves. All Plastic (what you see, isn't what you get, but it looks good), with no substance.

I really feel sorry for these people, because all you need to control them (which is happening now) is to just keep feeding them things to make them feel important. But keep them in the dark of any real meaningful matters. Kinda like, people always twittering on where they are and what they're doing. Now, does anyone really care where you are and what your doing all the time (other than your Wife :laugh: )

I did see an article in the Lake Tahoe paper....a survivor saluting our flag.....
Thanks to all that serve our nation...but not the the Gubment too much.

Back