June 6th 1944 -- D Day

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I think it speaks a lot to our country on how we have forgotten the sacrifices our soldiers in WWII made for us... We put sports, actors and trivial gossip ahead of history and our great country and what has been done to protect it. June 6th 1944 9,000 soldiers lost their lives storming the beach at Normandy, more soldiers died on that one day than have died (according to my research) in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars since they began. I wanted to test my theory that as a country we had forgotten important dates and events... As I looked through news web pages I could see that the death of a scifi author made the top of the page, a basketball team got a good shot, some iconic beauties, a bus drivers and a story about a super volcano were all are above the small links or blurbs that were mentioned about one of the most significant days of our American history.

Here is what I found from the news media... NOTHING on ABC news....

A link to a good report on the sacrifice that was made for our county.....

D-Day - June 6, 1944 - the United States Army

THANK YOU Veterans.... Thank you "Greatest Generation"

CNN.com
cnn.png

My local news paper
newsok.png

MSN.com
msn.png

Fox News
foxnews.png

ABCnews.com
abcnews.com.png

cnn.png

newsok.png

msn.png

foxnews.png

abcnews.com.png

Last edited:
The only thing I saw even remotely connected was a story about how there was still debris in the sand taken from Omaha.

Ironic that the French remember D-Day better than most Americans. Freedom wasn't free. America's greatest generation.

The only thing I saw even remotely connected was a story about how there was still debris in the sand taken from Omaha.

Ironic that the French remember D-Day better than most Americans. Freedom wasn't free. America's greatest generation.

I was going to say the same thing......... so +1 :bowdown:

MSN finally just put something up on their homepage....

Back