Memorial Day

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
It's late at night, Ive been sitting on my front porch listening to the trees blow in the wind and I stopped and realized that I have the freedom I have because of other people. Too often we run around in a hectic frenzy and we forget to thank those folks that have suffered so that we can have freedom and the ability to raise a family the way we want in our own homes.

We are just a few years away from losing our WWII veterans, the generation that changed the world forever, I say thank you. We should make an attempt to thank those men before they are gone...

To our Korean vets we thank you for stepping up in a time when our country needed to stop communism. Thank You

To our Vietnam Vets you never received the welcome home that you so richly deserved but I take this time to say thank you for your service. Your suffering and scarifices have not gone in vein, to my Uncle that never made it home, thank you for serving our country....

To our desert storm and desert shield veterans you guys went over and made it happen, freed a country in an incredible timeframe and showed the world what we were made of, to you I say Thank You.

To our troops that have served in Bosnia and Kosevo and all over the world as peace keepers you have saved lives by representing freedom and democracy, you stand for the good of our country, God Bless you.

To our soldiers of today I stand and say Thank You, you know what needs to be done and you gladly sacrifice for your friends and family at home. I can only imagine what you go through each day but rest assured that there are millions of true Americans setting their political beliefs aside to pray and think you each day. God Bless You and your mission.

Try to take time this busy weekend to remember what memorial day is for, I think many people have forgotten and the day has turned into a lake party or a time to have friends over for swimming and food. While there is nothing wrong with those things we must not forget what the day is for...

Sadly to all of our soldiers that have died for our country I must thank you. For the soldiers that seemed to have died needlessly they have not. I will not allow our dead servicemen to die forgotten or without reason. I hold each one up in honor for untold courageous acts, for serving a cause, for trying to make this a better world. Thank You, we pray for your families that they have understanding and know that your sacrifices have not and will never be forgotten..

God Bless America

Doug King
aka CAptain

as a military brat and someone who served in the united states air force i second everything Cap said !!! GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!! thanks dad for all the years you put into the service and thanks to all the veterans and active duty out there !!!! i sincerely hope whoever gets into office this fall will treat the vets with the up most respect, dignity and and well being they deserve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you who stand in our defense.
smile.gif

As one of those folks currently deployed, I say thank you. I say thanks to all those that have gone before me and have paved the way! It is a privilege to serve and enjoy the freedoms that have been provided! Thanks, Cap, for the post and we will see you all when I get back!

Very well written, Captain!
smile.gif

Thanks to all our troops, near and far, past and present, on this site and around the world~ You all sacrifice so much to watch the backs of your fellow countrymen and women~ Shameful as it is.. most of us these days are terrible at expressing or showing our appreciation to those around us that make us proud~
You are all very much apprecaited for what you do for all of us! My hats off to each and every one of you...

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

God Bless you and your families~

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085920122 -->

bowdown.gif

Yes thank you especially to all my friends that were in the service in Viet Nam.

I have all the respect in the world for all those who serve and have served in the military to protect our freedom. Thanks all

You are a good man Cap. My thanks goes out to all the veterans as well.

First........thanks to BigBSBusa and other unknown members of this board..........., for being on foreign ground right now......serving those of us who are free to ride every chance we get.....................and for helping those people there who have been oppressed to the point of the middle ages!!!!!
Second.......thanks to those who have served this great country..............our freedom truly rests on your backs!!!! You deserve all the credit for the freedoms this country and nearly every other country in the world enjoys!!!!
Thank you.

Scott
smile.gif

It's late at night, Ive been sitting on my front porch listening to the trees blow in the wind and I stopped and realized that I have the freedom I have because of other people. Too often we run around in a hectic frenzy and we forget to thank those folks that have suffered so that we can have freedom and the ability to raise a family the way we want in our own homes.

We are just a few years away from losing our WWII veterans, the generation that changed the world forever, I say thank you. We should make an attempt to thank those men before they are gone...

To our Korean vets we thank you for stepping up in a time when our country needed to stop communism. Thank You

To our Vietnam Vets you never received the welcome home that you so richly deserved but I take this time to say thank you for your service. Your suffering and scarifices have not gone in vein, to my Uncle that never made it home, thank you for serving our country....

To our desert storm and desert shield veterans you guys went over and made it happen, freed a country in an incredible timeframe and showed the world what we were made of, to you I say Thank You.

To our troops that have served in Bosnia and Kosevo and all over the world as peace keepers you have saved lives by representing freedom and democracy, you stand for the good of our country, God Bless you.

To our soldiers of today I stand and say Thank You, you know what needs to be done and you gladly sacrifice for your friends and family at home. I can only imagine what you go through each day but rest assured that there are millions of true Americans setting their political beliefs aside to pray and think you each day. God Bless You and your mission.

Try to take time this busy weekend to remember what memorial day is for, I think many people have forgotten and the day has turned into a lake party or a time to have friends over for swimming and food. While there is nothing wrong with those things we must not forget what the day is for...

Sadly to all of our soldiers that have died for our country I must thank you. For the soldiers that seemed to have died needlessly they have not. I will not allow our dead servicemen to die forgotten or without reason. I hold each one up in honor for untold courageous acts, for serving a cause, for trying to make this a better world. Thank You, we pray for your families that they have understanding and know that your sacrifices have not and will never be forgotten..

God Bless America

Doug King
aka CAptain
Thank you to the men & women of the armed forces.  You put yourselves in harms way the the sake of freedom.  What more must a man sacrifice than to lay down his life for his brother.  God bless you all hear and abroad.  In foreign cities/fields/deserts and mountains.BigBSBusa cont to pray for a safe return and shoot whatever doesn't have an american flag on the shoulder...okay maybe a little extreme, but ya never know what those guys/gals are up to.  

I'd have to say, if I were military I'd get court martialed, because as long as there is terrorism anyone smiling in your face may shoot you in the head once you turn your back.  Therefore,

guns.gif
lil Iraqi kid  
guns.gif
lil Iraqi lady
guns.gif
lil Iraqi man
guns.gif
lil Iraqi dog (grenade may be attached to his collar)
guns.gif
lil Iraqi bird (maybe some anthrax on it's beak)
guns.gif
lil Iraqi cat (well don't like cats so no reason needed)

God bless you all and not let America remember from whence it's strength and protection come.

BD

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

BigBSBusa cont to pray for a safe return and shoot whatever doesn't have an american flag on the shoulder...okay maybe a little extreme, but ya never know what those guys/gals are up to.  
If only things were that simple! Now we have to talk to everybody, find out how they and there family are doing, let 'em know what our intentions are so they can go tell there friends and then wait for them to strike! Sorry, guess I have geen here too long already!

Thanks for this thread captain...I hope everyone took time this weekend to remember those that have given all for what we now enjoy...

I lost two uncles two years ago...they were brothers; both were Vietnam vets and one never really recovered from the things he saw when he was there...I always said that his life really ended during that war; he was never the same when he came home...so many gave their lives in wars...always remember them...

And we're all thinking about our fellow h.org members serving our country...good to see you online so often BigBS!!! Thank you for all that you do...
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

Watched the Band of Brothers at the fire station on Monday. I had a 24 hour shift so thought this was a good way to remember the sacrifice and bravery. WOW, these guys pulled off some incredible stuff. Thanks to all veteran's!
smile.gif

As a desert storm vet, I would like to say Thank you to my brothers and sisters that are there now. Finishing the job that should of been done years ago. Cap, that was unbelievably written. Thank you cap for noticing all those that have done so much for this country. Especially our Vietnam vets, god bless them all.

BigBSBusa cont to pray for a safe return and shoot whatever doesn't have an american flag on the shoulder...okay maybe a little extreme, but ya never know what those guys/gals are up to.  
If only things were that simple!  Now we have to talk to everybody, find out how they and there family are doing, let 'em know what our intentions are so they can go tell there friends and then wait for them to strike!  Sorry, guess I have geen here too long already!
Just do it with your back to the wall/hummer and finger on the trigger!!!!

Back