The busas black buttons. MUST READ!

Hey, I read that manual cover to cover and I don't remember it saying a dayum thing about pushing in on the centers of those damn things. I used to reach up behind the panel and pop 'em out from the back with the flat side of a screwdriver.

Until someone told me the secret! Heh. You've blown the lid wide off this one!

--Wag--

Oh, this is the best thread EVER...
rofl.gif

OMG this just MADE my Sunday, crawl out of bed all bleary-eyed, fire up the laptop, and blow coffee out my nose at the first thing I read...
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Brings to mind my accelerated Chemistry teacher, there were twelve of us seniors in that class, and we paid attention when she talked because she was
6 foot 2 inches tall and 220 pounds-her favorite saying?

"When all else fails, follow directions".

welcome.gif
to the .org dude, don't worry it ALL will be uphill from here...
smile.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

First, Thanks for posting your findings. You may just have saved some embarassment to another member in the future. Unfortunately, you're being raked over the coals by those of us who consider this basic knowledge. Please realize it IS ALL IN FUN! We've all done such things. I've seen several posts in the past from frustrated people asking how to get the plastic rivets out.
I'm laughing hysterically , but I do applaud your intentions.
beerchug.gif

FYI, There is nothing on the busa that requires so much force to remove it that may result in breaking something (with the exception of locking the hump without connecting the release cable after a tail section removal).

Reading the manual is like stopping to ask for directions when you're lost....er...uh...confused about the location of that "place" on the map.

Die grinder! I've been drilling them out I thought they were rivets !
banghead.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

eek2.gif
 LOL LOL LOL LOL
Well atleast someone had the same problem. I considered myself a fairly bright minded person till i posted this. I thought i found something out here..
It's all in good fun and the thread probly did help some people that didn't know how to remove them properly. I personally didn't know until I accidently pressed one on the tail section in. Those people at Suzuki are tricky little bastards
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I love this place. Hey Mikev7....dude....dont worry about it...MOST of us had "questions" like this when we first got our bikes. I once asked if it was a problem that I had just dumped water down my exhaust pipes!!!! I had a buncha questions like that when I first got my ride and these guys/gals saved me more money than if Ida joined GEICO and more time than I could possibly make up.

Poor guy will never ask another question.

Therapy will help however.
thumb_up.gif

All in fun. Don't take us seriously.
bump.gif

r8

Die grinder! I've been drilling them out I thought they were rivets !
banghead.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek2.gif
LOL LOL LOL LOL
Well atleast someone had the same problem. I considered myself a fairly bright minded person till i posted this. I thought i found something out here..
Welcome Back!!! hope you take this all in the correct light... I think it reminds us all of our own little awakenings.... (i just got lucky and no one saw it)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Anything else we can help you with Mike?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We all do the same things. Like the time errrr, this guy I know
whistling.gif
, about beat his busa with a sledge hammer because he couldn't get the front axel out after loosening the cinch bolts on both sides of the forks. Thats what I was told anyway.
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Welcome Back!!! hope you take this all in the correct light... I think it reminds us all of our own little awakenings.... (i just got lucky and no one saw it)

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif
Well i only need to order 4 of them. I might get lucky cause it looks like the new undertail i got comes with its own fastiners. All i need is for my 2 resistors for my led tail lights to come in. Then i can put my tail section back on. Ill just use the ones i didnt break from the tail section on the front.
laugh.gif

No extra bolts left over from my mods either.

laugh.gif

Dont feel bad Mike,,,,The first time saw them push pins was like a "chicken looking at a wrist watch".though funny shid to read,,lol.

T-H-R-E-E P-A-G-E-S on body rivet removal jeers and cheers.....SHEEESH guys.........

Mike, DO NOT be offended in any way shape or form about the discovery thing on the rivets. Everyone here has broken at least "one" figuring out that they are reusable. Except me, of course, as I had Gofaster giving me the deelio AND I read the owner's manual and repair manual before attacking the body components the first time.

Bear in mind one thing, "This is one of those O-R-G secrets that aren't shared with "everyone.....". We don't want to spoil Suzuki's ability to make a dollar on each one sold. That's just the kind of warm kind-of group we are....
super.gif

I did like the "torch" idea though.......that would be a whole different kind of thread, "Hey guys took a torch to my body rivets, and need another set of plastics AGAIN...is this normal
rock.gif
".........

"No extra bolts left over from my mods either." No BOLTS
rock.gif
?, what'd'ya mean NO BOLTS leftover
rock.gif
?......we ALWAYS have something leftover....listen bud...if you're gonna hang with the O-R-G...you're gonna need to learn to do things right...No bolts...."Hey guys...we got ourselves a ROCKET SCIENTIST"....
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Well, I didn't break'em when wiring my V1 because I scoured the Org when I ran up against them. Allen wrench worked great.

I have found that if you have a question about ANYTHING - it's here somewhere if you just keep looking.

The Org ROCKS!!
super.gif

Back