The busas black buttons. MUST READ!

mikev7

Registered
Ok i have had a busa for about 4 months now and i have moded the bike front to back meaning, i had problems with removing the little black buttons. I was sticking a screwdriver on the side of them (PISSED OFF AT SUZUKI FOR MAKING THEM SO HARD TO REMOVE) and prying them out, breaking a few in the process. Yesterday i pulled on one under the hump and found that if you push them in in the center they snap and come right out.

How many people use the screwdriver?

How many people knew they snap out?

I think there is a pinned thread about the buttons (they are called a 3 position button) up/middle/down

HHHHHaaaaaa yes... push in the middle first...... sorry,, having a small snicker at your expense... glad you figured it before you ruined a panel or something
beerchug.gif

Dude same thing happened to me but i never broke any because I (by mistake) pushed one in the center and figured it out. That sucks to find out after you broke a bunch....

if you need some just go to a auto store (pep boys, autozone, advanced auto parts, etc.) they are a lot cheaper there than at the bike shop, plus will be in stock

I use my ball point pen
winkold.gif
, and "OH" Yeah
sadnews.gif
, the removal is described in detail in the manual
laugh.gif

Back