The angle eye mod

chrisrod

Registered
Wondering if anyone has installed a angel eye? The light is in the oven as I write this. I've heard that the high beam will melt the epoxy and the pieces fall into the light case. Or that speed bumps and such things will knock the eye loose. Is this true? Also if there is any of you that have this done how do you have the eye turning on? I was going to have it come on with the low beam, but I am looking for a relay that will turn off the eye when the high beam is turned on to limit the heat build up,so the epoxy doesn't melt. On the 08 model( not sure on other models) there is a key setting to turn on tail lights and two marker lights in the front I want the eye on when I put the bike in this function. Eventually I want some LED'S all around the bike that come on during this function also, but that is going to be later. Does anyone see any problems with doing all this and looking for a part num on this relay if anyone has one?

Last edited:
I don't know much about this mod, but turning off the ring when the hi-beam is on isn't the problem (if there is one). The heat is going to be coming from the hi-beam, not the ring.

Wondering if anyone has installed a angel eye? The light is in the oven as I write this. I've heard that the high beam will melt the epoxy and the pieces fall into the light case. Or that speed bumps and such things will knock the eye loose. Is this true? Also if there is any of you that have this done how do you have the eye turning on? I was going to have it come on with the low beam, but I am looking for a relay that will turn off the eye when the high beam is turned on to limit the heat build up,so the epoxy doesn't melt. On the 08 model( not sure on other models) there is a key setting to turn on tail lights and two marker lights in the front I want the eye on when I put the bike in this function. Eventually I want some LED'S all around the bike that come on during this function also, but that is going to be later. Does anyone see any problems with doing all this and looking for a part num on this relay if anyone has one?

i did it on my 08. first, make sure you use a good epoxy. second be sure you use some window cleaner and clean the inside of the headlight housing before you reassemble or you will have fingerprints and smudges (unless you use gloves) forever inside especially when the moisture changes. third, definetley TEST YOUR SUPPLIED LED'S WITH A 9V BATTERY BEFORE YOU INSTALL THEM. two of mine were bad and i had to search the net and order some new 3mm led's. you won't have any problems with the eye coming loose if the epoxy sets correctly. i have done numerous tests (wheelies, some with hard landings etc) and have yet to knock them loose. the heat problem you refer to is from the high beam. i called everyone that made/sold/used the kit and no one could tell me how long i could run the high beam before the lower ring started to melt. it doesn't matter if the angel eye is on or not, because the leds do not produce enough heat to hurt anything. something else to consider is if you used the clegg's innovations kit or any led kit, you may not be able to actually see them when the headlights are on (especially if you have hids like me). if you used the halo type kit then disregard the last sentence. (mine are the cleggs). as far as the switch goes, i ordered a set of stingers leds from customdynamics along with a remote control so i can turn them on and off from the key ring remote. i can also change dimness, flash patterns and cycle through different patterns from the remote. i didn't want any switches on my bike. the remote was expensive, so if you are wanting to save some $$ then just wire a push button on off switch and mount it hidden some where so you can turn them on and off when you want.
also if hid's are in your budget then i would recommend the low beam as it will allow you to see a lot more and cut down on the high beams usage (considerimg the heat may cause damage). sorry so long winded.

PB100159.jpg

PB100147.jpg

Last edited:
Your bike looks good I like that.I was wondering about seeing it when the light was on you can't see it at all? In that pic, is that just the eye on? Where did you get the good epoxy?Don't the hids run alot cooler? What about installing a low and high beam hid? I didn't want a switch on the bike eather I was thinking of haveing it come on with the key.

it's just the leds in the picture. yes, the hids are supposed to be a little cooler, but the highbeam eye ring is mounted directly on the lens so i imagine it will still get pretty hot. i have used my high beam in short increments and haven't had a problem. you won't be able to see the anfel eye if you have the hid headlight on. the hids are to bright. i never tried it with the stock bulbs to see if the eyes are visible. i like to leave my led's on when the bike is parked, so using the key as a the switch won't work for me, although i'm sure you could wire them in if you want to. as far as the epoxy goes, any namebrand two part EPOXY you get from the hardware/walmart store will work.
pic1) hid at night.

pic2)angel eye kit on with hid low beam on night time but with flash on the camera lower ring is slightly visible. upper is not visible but is on.

PB100158.jpg

PB100157.jpg

Last edited:
Back