Thank you to our men in blue

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
National Police Week 2012

Apparently yesterday was national police officers day and it is national police officers week. I am a day late but that is ok! It is the thought that counts, no? :laugh:

Thank you to all our police officers that do the right thing and do what they do every day :thumbsup: You guys catch more grief than military does from the general public.

I think I heard that on the job deaths are way up for the police. You guys be careful out there, you never know when a situation might go very very wrong. Keep the peace and get home to the family guys :thumbsup:

I think I heard that on the job deaths are way up for the police.

I saw that on CBS News the other night.... 72 officers killed in the line of duty last year. :( The majority of them were in the South.

Another number I found alarming in that news segment is that they said over 50 officers were apparently killed in 2011 due to training accidents. Dayyyyyumn! ???

I will hopefully be apart of this crowd around the middle of next year...:please:... But until then keep up the good work and stay safe guys and gals....:thumbsup:

even though i hate the cops around here because they would rather do traffic stops than respond to calls i do appreciate that you guys put your lives on the line

even though i hate the cops around here because they would rather do traffic stops than respond to calls i do appreciate that you guys put your lives on the line
lol... Flint Mich. has about 125k people with about a 450 man department and a traffic unit. some of them are assigned to the traffic unit so that would be the only incidents they respond to or enforce.

if ur not a criminal or calling 911 the only contact you would likely have is with the traffic unit performaing traffic enforcement. thats their job function. its not to respond to patrol calls. thats what the patrol division is for. thats pretty standard in most places.

lol... Flint Mich. has about 125k people with about a 450 man department and a traffic unit. some of them are assigned to the traffic unit so that would be the only incidents they respond to or enforce.

if ur not a criminal or calling 911 the only contact you would likely have is with the traffic unit performaing traffic enforcement. thats their job function. its not to respond to patrol calls. thats what the patrol division is for. thats pretty standard in most places.

They keep letting go of more and more cops and the violence keeps going up, there is no longer a traffic division its every officers job to do everything. Trust me if you lived here you would agree helll even the cops agree that most officers dont want to respond to the calls so they just keep pulling ppl over. Theres areas where cops dont even want to go because they are vastly out numbered. Its gotten to the point where they have opened the city boundaries and went from 100+ city cops to 32 cops and are dropping even more of them at the end of the month. There is 450k ppl in the metro area 105k of which in the city and yet the cops from the surrounding areas are the ones who do most of the work. Theres a reason were one of the most violent cities in the us thats because the criminals arent afraid of the cops because they dont get caught. A good family friend of mine is a cop whos about to retire and according to him he is disgusted by the things that happen in the departments because they dont have room in the jails to do anything so they just let people go.

They keep letting go of more and more cops and the violence keeps going up, there is no longer a traffic division its every officers job to do everything. Trust me if you lived here you would agree helll even the cops agree that most officers dont want to respond to the calls so they just keep pulling ppl over. Theres areas where cops dont even want to go because they are vastly out numbered. Its gotten to the point where they have opened the city boundaries and went from 100+ city cops to 32 cops and are dropping even more of them at the end of the month. There is 450k ppl in the metro area 105k of which in the city and yet the cops from the surrounding areas are the ones who do most of the work. Theres a reason were one of the most violent cities in the us thats because the criminals arent afraid of the cops because they dont get caught. A good family friend of mine is a cop whos about to retire and according to him he is disgusted by the things that happen in the departments because they dont have room in the jails to do anything so they just let people go.
I did read about them laying quite a few cops off. thats a pretty rough area. politicans dont give a chit about anything other then lowering taxes so they can get re-elected. NJ has been doing the same over the last year.

but I dont know of any cop that would stop a MV while enroute to an emergency call. that just doesnt happen. if he/she did they would be subject to immediate disciplinary action as well as being civially sued and possibly arrested with no support from the city to back them.

cops will always be out numbered by criminals. and yea the dept of corrections is letting many ppl out cause there just isnt room for petty crimes and the cost to house, feed and take care of criminals is costing the tax payer more then their worth. signs of the times I guess.

I did read about them laying quite a few cops off. thats a pretty rough area. politicans dont give a chit about anything other then lowering taxes so they can get re-elected. NJ has been doing the same over the last year.

but I dont know of any cop that would stop a MV while enroute to an emergency call. that just doesnt happen. if he/she did they would be subject to immediate disciplinary action as well as being civially sued and possibly arrested with no support from the city to back them.

cops will always be out numbered by criminals. and yea the dept of corrections is letting many ppl out cause there just isnt room for petty crimes and the cost to house, feed and take care of criminals is costing the tax payer more then their worth. signs of the times I guess.

they dont stop them while en route but there is a big ordeal going around about calls not being dispatched and officers clocking multiple tickets after they said they would respond to a B&E or other calls. They no longer respond to shots fired calls heck we had about 60+ shots both semi auto and full auto go off from multiple guns down the street from me a couple weeks ago and i called the cops and the operator said they had several calls come in for it and the cops showed up 2 hours later. Its just what this city has come to unfortunately

Back