Just a Thought

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
I’m honored that America honors veterans so much and proud of my own service, but it has crossed my mind recently how we as a whole mostly neglect our Law Enforcement Officers. Yeah, the military deploys and engages in combat and some do not come home but there are police officers that put their lives at risk every day in even minor traffic stops and unfortunately some never make it home from their shift. Most hate LEOs because they ignorantly see them all as corrupt and discriminatory but here’s a newsflash. There are JUST AS MANY corrupt and discriminatory military members as there are police officers. If you don't like it or believe that, too bad and you're wrong.
I got a 15mph speeding ticket the other day and thanked the officer for his service after he handed me the ticket. He seemed absolutely dumbfounded. On a day like Veteran's Day it is good we honor veterans, and I appreciate all of the support I was given during my active duty time and even now as I enjoy all of these free meals on Veterans Day lol. So thank you to those I know and don’t know that have served or are currently serving as LEO that put on that badge every day.

Last edited:
Very true...those that put their lives on the line each day for a paycheck should be acknowledged...it's a shame far too much "cop-bashing" goes on. IMHO, those that seem to hate law enforcement are usually those breaking the law.

If I'm busted for speeding, I know damn well I deserve it... :laugh: Not sure I'd think to thank the officer for a ticket, but you make a great point...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

RussellJ,

How very profound and salient! Actually, I've held the same respect and appreciation for LEO's as I have for military for quite some years now. For me, it took getting to a point where I could look beyond the knee-jerk reactions and opinions of so many who can't separate their anger at being busted for doing something illegal (speeding anyone?) and the fact that such mundane duties, while highly visible to citizens, are only a portion of what LEO's do for the public at large. Were it not for LEO's, all of us would be living a very different existence.

Hats off to you for your service and your epiphany and the sharing of it here. Well done! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Melodic

Most LEO's are good guys, Im not going to put them up there with our combat vets though unless they have been there.

Thank You. I have to agree that LE should not be thought of in the same light as combat vets. I was a knuckle dragger for eight years, and have policed in war zones for 16, at times by myself. Never been to war, just don't think what I do comes close.

I have been followed home, and I have been followed around Wal-Mart with my babies, but still.

I agree not all LEO's are bad and not all of our vets are good. Both jobs are very stressful and I think the vets or deployed are more stressed. Either way thank you both for helping to protect us and keeping us safe :thumbsup:

Back