Tell us about recent developments in this Covid world.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Anything about to change re: Job,schools back in,business as usual...the lock down continues?
Whats going on in your corner of the world?
Rubb.

School year is done..(no big surprise), lots of line ups to get in stores, some stores require masks. Social distancing continues, my buddy and I were discussing how this will impact people in the future and how it is building mis-trust between people.

I said hello to a store worker the other day and they looked at me like I had three heads....didn't even say hello back, just beat feet. I think this pandemic will open the doors for all the jerks of the world to flourish.

I read in the news yesterday the Canadian government is going to implement a mask policy, soon we will look like China (in the past every time there was file footage from China they all had masks on pre Covid).

It is going to be very interesting to watch what every nation does and how they decide to give the "all clear."
Some will undoubtedly open the gates too early,some to late(for economic reasons). I guess history will tell us who was right and who was wrong.
I think this needs to be a case of letting common sense prevail.I do not envy the position of those tasked to make such a decision.Economics vs health/safety vs political loss/gain etc.
A classic case of "You Can't Please All of the People all of the Time."
As the leader of a nation in this perhaps over blown,perhaps not problem the best thing to do might be to stand back and flip a coin...
You have a 50% of doing the right thing. Assuming there is a "right thing" under each of the headings in this multiple part equation.
"In this corner,medical science and technology...in this corner economics and the bottom line,at the bell I want you to come out swinging...."
Good luck to us all.There are too many parts to this.Perhaps...there is no right answer.

Rubb.

Well the truth is that it's not really about medical science anymore. The administration was too late to the party to use testing as an effective weapon against the spread of COVID19. For testing to keep this thing under control, we would have needed to be at our current testing capacity in February. The way testing works is you identify a breakout, isolate people with the virus and then track the people they were in contact with and isolate them too. Without proper testing the virus spread all over so now it would be difficult to stop it. At this point, the vaccine is the only way to get this under control.

However the economy can't wait 18 months for a vaccine, so really the only option for governors and mayors is to open up and hope for the best. Here are a couple things that we are just going to have to accept:

1. COVID19 started in China and spread around the world. China has almost no black or brown people, as is the case in Russia, Italy, Spain, and several other critically impacted nations. The myth that this virus attacks minorities is simply not logical. Minorities were disproportionately impacted in NY because they comprise the majority of the service industries (bus/train drivers, janitors, orderlies, trashmen, etc.), white collar people were isolating at home. If this spreads to middle America a lot of white people are going to die. This is a fascinating and scary issue as you can clearly see that the media has marching orders from something other than the truth. I think the powers that be told the media that we have to open or lose the country as we know it. The right media painted this as a black & brown virus and we're not crashing the most powerful economy in history for that. The Left media is pushing the social inequality perspective. So while the left and right positions are 2 totally different extremes, they both reinforce the point that we are going to sacrifice black, brown, and old people so the population will go back to work with a false sense of security. If the media was honest, they would post COVID19 totals by job classification as that reflects what is really going on.

2. When the medical system gets overwhelmed, everyone will suffer. There is simply no room for people with the typical average day's issues. As people resume normal levels of activity, the need for emergency care will increase dramatically. People don't realize that our hospital system is already over burdened as it is, this will quickly push things over the top.

3. Even if you open businesses there is no guarantee people will come. Most small restaurants are barely profitable. Opening means adding back staff and most restaurants won't be able to make these numbers work. I have a friend that has a restaurant and he says he is making about 60% of what he was doing just offering curbside. He thinks he will actually lose money if he opens up. Bottom line is people are learning to live without a lot of things we used to rely on. Who knows how long it takes to change people's habits permanently but that's happening. And obviously business is adjusting. That's all going to make turning on the old economy pretty chaotic.

4. No one is talking about liability. What if a store has a staff member with the virus and they start a little epidemic? What is enough precaution to insulate the business from law suites? If a business id deemed essential, that's essentially their get out of jail free card. But if opening is optional, well let's just say a lot of ambulance chasers are licking their lips on that one.

5. The 2007 Bank crash was caused when 18% of the mortgages were in default. We have 35 million people unemployed currently and it is climbing fast. How long will it be before people start defaulting and this becomes a serious financial issue? What's really scary is that all of the controls on the economy are pegged. We lowered taxes so trillions of dollars can't be used to balance services, the Fed has had interest rates at historic lows, the stock market is over valued and running independent of what's going on in the economy, and now the government is hogging trillions from other bowers (that means the government is getting crazy big). There are no tools to bolster a crash this time. Yes, that's why I bought a shot gun.

8. This has all laid the failures of our system bare. The distribution of wealth is as out of balance as it has ever been. Clearly we need socialize medicine, our current insurance based system has collapsed. Even our government it turns out is more controlled by tradition and good sense that enforceable laws and the constitution. And finally, race is as divisive and issue as it was in 1860. Sigh! A lot of work to do lady's and gentleman. I remember watching the people in Bosnian Conflict destroy a culture that looked like the back drop for a wonderful fairy tale. I wondered what could be worth destroying such beauty and accomplishment. I fear we are going there, for nothing.

7. We are going into a period where the only path through is strong leadership. We'll need a leader of historic ability to build the partnerships needed to weather this storm and save the country. Unfortunately, we have a president who won't even acknowledge he has the reigns. He lies habitually and even his supporters don't believe what he says. Finally he plays only to 40% of the country and is purposefully punitive to the other 60%. That's just not going to get this done. And if that wasn't scary enough, I'm not 100% sure Biden is the answer, even though he is probably the next president.

Last edited:
Once again Fallen you have wowed us. :bowdown: Highly thought out post.
I was just went with..."I think we are all fugged." There are a lot of world leaders out there being put to the test.I'm not sure anyone of them have the 100% answer/cure to any of this. Perhaps a goal of 20% victory may be achieved.
Rubb.

Yesterday NZ had 1 new covid case and it was related to a known cluster, the person was already in isolation because of their connection to an earlier case.
I think we had 4 days previous without case, then another single case related to a cluster.

We are at level 2 which means everything is now open, bars and restaurants need your details for tracing and table service only,
Max groups of 10 only.
But funerals can have 50.
All the shops ive seen have sanitizer at the door to use when entering or exiting.
Masks are optional.

We have an APP to download for tracing , shops need to have a QR code ready to scan dunno if all shops have it. 294000 kiwis have uploaded this.

We'll see in about a weeks time (be two weeks of level 2 - incubation time roughly) of the 'mingling' we've been allowed to see any or more new cases, if there are hopefully we can trace and isolate those areas rather than the whole country.

Yesterday NZ had 1 new covid case and it was related to a known cluster, the person was already in isolation because of their connection to an earlier case.
I think we had 4 days previous without case, then another single case related to a cluster.

We are at level 2 which means everything is now open, bars and restaurants need your details for tracing and table service only,
Max groups of 10 only.
But funerals can have 50.
All the shops ive seen have sanitizer at the door to use when entering or exiting.
Masks are optional.

We have an APP to download for tracing , shops need to have a QR code ready to scan dunno if all shops have it. 294000 kiwis have uploaded this.

We'll see in about a weeks time (be two weeks of level 2 - incubation time roughly) of the 'mingling' we've been allowed to see any or more new cases, if there are hopefully we can trace and isolate those areas rather than the whole country.
Be glad you at least have a plan. We don't have anything, just go out and pretend this never happened and we'll deal with the fallout when and if it happens. SMH!

Be glad you at least have a plan. We don't have anything, just go out and pretend this never happened and we'll deal with the fallout when and if it happens. SMH!
That's exactly the route my company has taken, never fully shut down, as soon as they could force us they brought back all full time employees and a sign out front trying to hire in new people. Original email said all customers would be made to wear masks if entering the store instead of doing curbside and that only as many customers in the store as there are counter people to help them. Today i briefly was at the counter and seen customers sitting on mowers with no masks on just waiting around. Other customers lined up some with masks some without and double the amount of customer to counter people. Im by no means a healthy man and with all the people my friends have lost a few miles down the road in Detroit it does worry me. We have around 60-70 people on average working in our store everyday and alot of them young kids that take none of this seriously and then quite a few older people that if or the way I see it WHEN someone gets it and comes to work with or without symptoms (because management isn't doing anything to monitor anyone) it's gonna be spread to everyone in the store and that worries the hell out of me. I'll stand toe to toe with about anyone and tote my azz whooping proudly but this is something I can't fight and one azz whooping I don't wanna take. When I brought up my concerns to my human resources lady she told me if I wasn't comfortable with the way the company was handling it then maybe I shouldn't be working there. When questioning her about taking the leave of absence they "offered"as an option she made it seem like I was just trying not to work and this from the lady that has written my checks for 6 days a week for the majority of 5 years and seen maybe 1 actual week that I was on a real vacation. I just hope someone figures out the right way to do everything because I know we can't all just sit at home but there needs to be some kind of enforcement on how businesses are running so that it doesn't get to where they originally estimated to go. Ok done with my whining for now :laugh:

I noticed the bar across the street was open so I went in and ordered a burger with fries. Sure was good. I haven't had one in two months. I don't plan to frequent that place like I had before the shutdown. Like fallen said, you learn to live without some things and businesses adjust. I lost some weight and can fit in a few more pairs of pants now so living without cheesburgers isn't all bad.

School year is done..(no big surprise), lots of line ups to get in stores, some stores require masks. Social distancing continues, my buddy and I were discussing how this will impact people in the future and how it is building mis-trust between people.

I said hello to a store worker the other day and they looked at me like I had three heads....didn't even say hello back, just beat feet. I think this pandemic will open the doors for all the jerks of the world to flourish.

I read in the news yesterday the Canadian government is going to implement a mask policy, soon we will look like China (in the past every time there was file footage from China they all had masks on pre Covid).

I agree 100% and think that society as a whole will suffer more from the mutual distrust than from the financial hit we're all taking. We don't need that much money to survive but as social animals, we absolutely need contact with each other.

On a related topic, keeping all humans separated and disinfected will do nothing for our immune systems. We evolved to need a constant barrage of germs and viruses to both build and maintain our physical health. With everyone forever washing themselves and their surroundings with bleach and Lysol, our immune system will fall into disuse and we'll get sick from stuff that hasn't affected us in generations. It won't be the lockdowns getting lifted that will cause mass sickness, it'll be the quarantines themselves that will have put us all in a weakened state.

There's really no win here regardless of the measures taken.

I agree 100% and think that society as a whole will suffer more from the mutual distrust than from the financial hit we're all taking. We don't need that much money to survive but as social animals, we absolutely need contact with each other.

On a related topic, keeping all humans separated and disinfected will do nothing for our immune systems. We evolved to need a constant barrage of germs and viruses to both build and maintain our physical health. With everyone forever washing themselves and their surroundings with bleach and Lysol, our immune system will fall into disuse and we'll get sick from stuff that hasn't affected us in generations. It won't be the lockdowns getting lifted that will cause mass sickness, it'll be the quarantines themselves that will have put us all in a weakened state.

There's really no win here regardless of the measures taken.

Don’t you think this de-evolution you outlined would take a very (very) long time?

I wasn't trying to describe a de-evolution of our species, just an individual's weakened immune system. It doesn't take much to turn a healthy person into an unhealthy one.
Hi. I think this is a good time to make it a law to put a location chip in everyone. Make one that will record every other chip that it comes in contact with. We can also have the speech police listen to make sure we are all saying the correct things too! This could be the FINAL SOLUTION.

Hi. I think this is a good time to make it a law to put a location chip in everyone. Make one that will record every other chip that it comes in contact with. We can also have the speech police listen to make sure we are all saying the correct things too! This could be the FINAL SOLUTION.
Righto Mr Gates :laugh:

I like everything you post my friend but...you might want to change the name of this idea of yours...its been used before.

Jus' sayin'....if you know what I mean. :D
Rubb.

I like everything you post my friend but...you might want to change the name of this idea of yours...its been used before.View attachment 1619574
Jus' sayin'....if you know what I mean. :D
Rubb.
We are already there gentlemen....
DO NOT accept this vaccine, it is going to change the DNA in humans, and will enable total surveillance and other nefarious tracking features for the NWO/one world government that is going to emerge very soon.

We are already there gentlemen....
DO NOT accept this vaccine, it is going to change the DNA in humans, and will enable total surveillance and other nefarious tracking features for the NWO/one world government that is going to emerge very soon.

Hi. This is the future! It will be in your finger. All we have to do now is find a way to monitor what you are thinking and send it to the thought police. Just think it will be a communist [sorry wrong word] Democratic utopia. The democrats like AOC are the smartest people in the world they know how to take care of the little people. They say we must do away with fossil fuels by 2021. We must give money to people that do not want to work. We must open our border to all. We must let men who think they are girls play on all girl teams. AOC must become KING of the world she knows how to save us all. Raise our taxes to 95%. We must get ride of the 1st and 2nd amendment and we will be saved!

Back