Tell us about recent developments in this Covid world.

Lots of Illinois peeple here this Memorial Day. I hope they remembered to leave their Corona at home.
Awe...you gotta bring the Corona...
Rubb.

I rode around the west side of nearby Bass Lake today and it was jammed. Cars and trucks parked along the edge everywhere they could. Sun canopies by the dozen along the water‘s edge and groups of people in and out of the water everywhere. Boats of all kinds and dozens of jet skis dotted the lake. A heavy set couple dumped their’s on its side trying to make a sharp turn tossing them into the water and it rolled over completely upside down. They managed to upright it but neither of them could climb back on! The women dog paddled I guess, cause she sure wasn’t swimming, and made it back to the shore, luckily just 50 yards or so. The guy stayed with the ‘bike’ and the wake of all the other boats zooming around pushed...man and machine safely back to shore. :laugh: It was really pretty funny to watch and I’m glad they were close to shore and wearing vests. I’ve never ridden a jet ski but they sure look like fun. Maybe I’ll rent one, wonder if I could climb back on?! :crazy: I can’t swim a lick though.:confused:

I rode around the west side of nearby Bass Lake today and it was jammed. Cars and trucks parked along the edge everywhere they could. Sun canopies by the dozen along the water‘s edge and groups of people in and out of the water everywhere. Boats of all kinds and dozens of jet skis dotted the lake. A heavy set couple dumped their’s on its side trying to make a sharp turn tossing them into the water and it rolled over completely upside down. They managed to upright it but neither of them could climb back on! The women dog paddled I guess, cause she sure wasn’t swimming, and made it back to the shore, luckily just 50 yards or so. The guy stayed with the ‘bike’ and the wake of all the other boats zooming around pushed...man and machine safely back to shore. :laugh: It was really pretty funny to watch and I’m glad they were close to shore and wearing vests. I’ve never ridden a jet ski but they sure look like fun. Maybe I’ll rent one, wonder if I could climb back on?! :crazy: I can’t swim a lick though.:confused:
Hi. What is wrong with people Do not they know that they will spread the virus by going in the water! Like New York said they should only walk on the wet sand where they will be safe. Even if they walk on the dry sand they can spread the virus.

Hi. What is wrong with people Do not they know that they will spread the virus by going in the water! Like New York said they should only walk on the wet sand where they will be safe. Even if they walk on the dry sand they can spread the virus.
Mike . . . do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?
Love ya sense of realism mate, 'keeping it real since before the Vietnam war'.

Jet ski's are awesome.I rolled a rented one once.Destoyed the motor.
Oops. It was one of those 3 person ones powerfull enuff to water ski behind. Rental place was not impressed. :D
Rubb.
I rode one a few times and was beat by the end of the day, they take a lot out of you, kind of like a snowmobile or dirt bike.

Woohoo... after 3 months of lockdown and closures, come 1 July, cafes and restaurants open to max of 20 people.. although set amount of time to order, eat and get out. No more relaxing after the meal and chatting over drinks..

Hotels to open for overnight stays in 2 weeks.. weekend overnight bike rides again.. yes!!
but work from home rule in place until July at least..

Woohoo... after 3 months of lockdown and closures, come 1 July, cafes and restaurants open to max of 20 people.. although set amount of time to order, eat and get out. No more relaxing after the meal and chatting over drinks..

Hotels to open for overnight stays in 2 weeks.. weekend overnight bike rides again.. yes!!
but work from home rule in place until July at least..

I’m trying to plan an overnighter over the mountains to Nevada but it’s hard finding lodging or food near any lodging along the Cal/Nev border w/o heading more north. Might have to wait a week or two but I’m jonesin to head over as I’m used to heading over the first day the passes are open.

There may be some good to come out of all this...perhaps people will start to wash their hands on a regular basis. Just little things like that. Maybe even cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. Rubb has many issues as you all know,including severe Germaphobe...I kid you not.
Ever see somebody come out of the cubicle,head straight for door without washing their hands? Probably on their way to get a burger and fries or something.
People make me sick.... :laugh:
Rubb.

There may be some good to come out of all this...perhaps people will start to wash their hands on a regular basis. Just little things like that. Maybe even cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. Rubb has many issues as you all know,including severe Germaphobe...I kid you not.
Ever see somebody come out of the cubicle,head straight for door without washing their hands? Probably on their way to get a burger and fries or something.
People make me sick.... :laugh:
Rubb.
I agree 100%..

What people are doing today, they should have been doing all along...

I was out at the grocery store today and it was no bother, I was very patient and waited in whatever line I was directed to. The cashier served the lady ahead of me and asked me to wait as she sanitized the area...I watched and kind of chuckled to myself...she wiped the rolling trays but didn't start them to wipe all of them, just the part that was visible. she didn't wipe the key pad. I asked her about that and apparently when they wiped it the tap feature was messed up...

So this tells me even all the precautions that are being taken aren't 100% like some are led to believe (I've always known better). If one wants to be real, as soon as a person arrives home, there should be a decom tent outside their door where they undress, shower and dress in fresh clothes before entering their home..

That's never going to happen so getting the virus is a crap shoot.

I agree 100%..

What people are doing today, they should have been doing all along...

I was out at the grocery store today and it was no bother, I was very patient and waited in whatever line I was directed to. The cashier served the lady ahead of me and asked me to wait as she sanitized the area...I watched and kind of chuckled to myself...she wiped the rolling trays but didn't start them to wipe all of them, just the part that was visible. she didn't wipe the key pad. I asked her about that and apparently when they wiped it the tap feature was messed up...

So this tells me even all the precautions that are being taken aren't 100% like some are led to believe (I've always known better). If one wants to be real, as soon as a person arrives home, there should be a decom tent outside their door where they undress, shower and dress in fresh clothes before entering their home..

That's never going to happen so getting the virus is a crap shoot.

It's all window dressing. These measures may help ease people's minds a bit but it's not going to stop anything from getting into your system.

There is scientific proof that social distancing works and that masks are somewhat effective at slowing down the transmission of the virus. It's true that it's not perfect and probably a lot less effective than most think. But that's all we are left with.

The goal is not to absolutely stop the virus with masks and isolation. It's to slow it down so that infections don't overwhelm our hospitals, bring critical service industries to a halt (like meat packers), or reduce emergency and rescue services to dangerously low strength. If that's not enough, another resurgence of the virus will finish off what little economic activity there is left. So even if you area tough guy and don't dam if you infect others, you still have a selfish stake in wearing a mask and isolating.

I can only imagine what healthcare professionals who have literally risked their lives trying to save people from this virus must think when they see people acting like there is no pandemic, frolicking on the beach or at restaurants parting because they are "tired of this".

The problem with flattening the curve was that the curve became essentially too flat with very few people (relatively) contracting the disease at all. Without mass immunity, the curve is just going to rise up at a later date making all of the strict measures taken by the world's various governments pointless. The world economy suffered massively but people will still get sick later on anyway.

Perhaps people are "tired of this" because the measures were just too effective and the populace never got to see the promised doom and gloom materialize? When a threat doesn't manifest itself, people get conditioned to not seeing the threat at all.

The problem with flattening the curve was that the curve became essentially too flat with very few people (relatively) contracting the disease at all. Without mass immunity, the curve is just going to rise up at a later date making all of the strict measures taken by the world's various governments pointless. The world economy suffered massively but people will still get sick later on anyway.

Perhaps people are "tired of this" because the measures were just too effective and the populace never got to see the promised doom and gloom materialize? When a threat doesn't manifest itself, people get conditioned to not seeing the threat at all.
A very good point and I don't disagree. But 100K dead in 3 months is astonishing. I don't know what more people need to see to get that this is a serious issue. That's more dead than all the wars since WWII combined!

The scientists are very close to having an effective vaccine-tests are underway and so far they say it is looking good...

On the other hand the "anti-vax" people are all out rattling their sabers and not wanting a mandatory vaccine..

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

How do you think it gets ‘into your system’ Dr hayabuser?

Oh, I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)

The scientists are very close to having an effective vaccine-tests are underway and so far they say it is looking good...

On the other hand the "anti-vax" people are all out rattling their sabers and not wanting a mandatory vaccine..

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Truth. I'm no anti-vaxxer but I do have an issue with a mandatory vaccination. So much so that I'd consider refusing it if it was a forced issue, whereas I'd likely take it if it was a choice. Typical human, me.

I have just seen way too many of our rights and freedoms trampled in the past few months in the name of "emergency measures", and I don't much like it. :mad:

Back