Team in Training Donations Needed

inthexring

Registered
Greetings everyone
My wife Jessie has taken on a big responsibility and challenge. She has decided to join the Team in Training which is an organization to help find cures and treatments for Leukemia & Lymphoma. We may have all been touched with these blood cancers. Just last year I lost my dad to a form of Leukemia. Then just this June we lost a Nephew who was about to turn 14 years old to Aplastic Anemia. There are many forms and it effects many families. In joining the Team in Training Jessie gets to meet Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Myeloma survivors. One of which is Zach. Zach struggles each day and he never knows when a relapse will happen. Zach spends a lot of time at St Lukes with treatment. But he still has a great attitude and encourages us to go on.

Jessie, as part of the Team in Training, has been practicing, stretching, and being coached three times a week in preparation for the San Francisco Marathon where she will walk the half marathon (13 miles) to show her support in this. She is up to 9 miles in her training so she still has a ways to go. She is also trying to raise $3500 for her part of her sponsorship. If you feel you would like to donate and help you can visit this website to donate or find out more about the organization. Just click the link and select Jessie Cone.

http://www.active.com/donations/campaign_public.cfm?key=tntrm

This is 100% tax deductible so it will help all of us. Please show your support and help fight these diseases. I will be there coaching her and rooting her on all the way.

Here is a picture of Jessie and Zach.
http://www.mylofibrosis.com/images/jessie_and_Zach.jpg

Got questions about this, ask Jessie.
Wanna Join and walk with her, ask Jessie.

Thanks a lot
Dan & Jessie
jessie@XRingDevelopment.Com

And a note from Jessie:

Dear Friends, family, & colleagues,
Have you heard I have gone off the deep end? Yep that’s right I made a decision to change my life. Well actually that day happened July 4th 2004 when I married my long time sweetheart, Danny.

Starting this year I wanted to focus on getting healthy and maintaining a new life style. I must tell you I have good news and bad news. The good news is I have lost 34 lbs! More good news is a friend talked me into doing a marathon to help support Leukemia & Lymphoma. Bad news is she dropped out. Good news is you and I know that I am a determined individual and I can do this!

Before hearing about this program, I didn’t know that leukemia was the number one killing disease of children. I also didn’t know that 25 years ago 5% of children diagnosed with leukemia survived. Today, over 80% of children with leukemia and 76% of those with Hodgkin’s disease will live thanks to research funded by people involved in projects like TEAM in Training. People like you. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society goal is to cure leukemia, lymphoma and its associated cancers.

I would like to introduce to you 2 very special people that have touched my life. Robbie, a new extended family member who is just 13 years of age has been diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia. He has been in the hospital since Easter and is hanging on for dear life. His condition has worsened in the last few weeks with 4 infections.

His parents call him a “soldier†for he has been fighting strong.

Zach is a new friend of mine that I have had the honor of meeting thru TEAM in Training. He was diagnosed with Burkitt's lymphoma in August, a rare and aggressive cancer. Treatment was unpleasant and intense but also effective. Zach is in remission with excellent prognosis. Zach and his family give thanks everyday for the medical technology, skill and people that made him a survivor.

I need your help. I have committed to a goal to raise $3500 for Robbie, Zach and all the other children diagnosed with Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin disease and Myeloma. Your donation won’t be used for overhead, it goes to patients and finding a cure. In fact, 80% of all funds go directly to research. And remember all donations are 100% tax deductible!

A donation of $26.20 ($2 a mile), will make a difference, and any donation of $1000 or more gets your name or company name and logo on all TEAM members shirts and jerseys (over 400 shirts). Of course, any dollar amount in between is also appreciated!

Training for this 1/2 marathon is quite a challenge, one I have never faced before. But my challenge is nothing compared to the challenge that these children have to overcome on a daily basis battling these diseases. I can’t make it without your enthusiasm, caring and financial support. Please use the enclosed form to demonstrate your support. Feel free to include inspirational messages, lucky charms and Band-Aids. Words of encouragement can also be sent to me via email at idahocone@yahoo.com I will have you with me every step of the way. I will keep you updated with my progress on my training as well as my fundraising efforts and the well-being of my Patient Honorees Robbie & Zach.

I have also created a website www.active.com/donate/tntrm to keep you updated with my progress on my training as well as my fundraising efforts and the well-being of my Patient Honorees Robbie & Zach. If you wish to make an online donations please follow these simple instructions. (Open page, find ‘select fundraiser’ on right hand side, select ‘Jessie Cone’)

If you would prefer to donate with a check, please make it out to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can send it to me at: 216 S. Allie Ave, Kuna Idaho, 83634 I will forward all checks to Team in Training and I will send you a receipt for your donation

If any of you have a story to share or someone you’d like me to race in honor of please send me their name and your donation. Their name will be added on my team jersey. (feel free to include any inspirational messages, good luck wishes, or Band-Aids to keep me going).

Thanks in advance for your support! Please use the enclosed donor slip and send it to me by Aug 15, 2005. Together we can help those who are fighting to cure this cancer.

Hang in their Robbie & Zach we love you!

An update:
Sad to say, but we lost Robbie in June. He fought hard to the end.

Back