Update on my daughter

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
Some of you may remember that a year ago my daughter, Kristen, was battling a deadly, rare blood disease, known as TTP. There was quite a lengthy thread about it going at the time, but it seems to have been deleted. Anyhoo, I'm happy to say that after months of recovery and a year later, she is doing well.

About a month ago she signed up to do a benefit marathon run to be held in San Diego in June. She's made a commitment to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (sponsor of the race) to raise $3,800 in order to participate in the run. As of today, she's hit $3,001 in contributions (go Kristen!) Only $799 to go! Donated funds pay for participants travel and lodging for the event and the remainder goes to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Since many of you expressed your concern about Kristen while she was in the hospital, I thought I'd put a link to her donation site on the board. Every little bit helps. I know that not everyone is in a position to donate, but take a look at her donation page and pledge a little for Kristen if you can. It will be much appreciated.

Thanks
smile.gif

Kristen's donation page

I remember the original post......

So glad things are better..
smile.gif

Back