Walking in Memory of Mike and Kevin

MrsGrumpy

Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust!
Donating Member
Registered
Today I received an email inviting me to "walk" in an event that my company is sponsoring. So I decided to join. Below are some details:

Teams of 4 employees will be formed to help motivate, assist, and provide friendly competition with other teams. Each team will have a Captain (that's me :rofl:) who is responsible for recording
their teammates’ progress each week. You’ll also need a name for your team… be creative!

Week 1 – 1,000 Steps / Day Week 2 – 2,000 Steps / Day
Week 3 – 3,000 Steps / Day Week 4 – 4,000 Steps / Day
Week 5 – 5,000 Steps / Day Week 6 – 6,000 Steps / Day
Week 7 – 7,000 Steps / Day Week 8 – 8,000 Steps / Day
Week 9 – 9,000 Steps / Day Week 10 – 10,000 Steps / Day (~ 5 miles)

To join we donate $5 and receive a pedometer and a tshirt. At the end of 10 weeks, the team who has the most steps will win a cash prize. Since we are able to walk in memory of someone as well, I've chosen that option. Here's what I would like to do. With your support, I will pledge to walk AS MUCH AS I CAN in the next ten weeks. At the end of the ten weeks, IF I am on the winning team, I am going to donate 100% of my prize to the following charities: The American Heart Association (in memory of Mike) and The American Cancer Society (in memory of Kevin). Any donations received from friends and family will be donated the same way. (If you would like to make a donation, please send me a PM)

Your words of encouragement will mean alot as well, so please please please.....if you can't give a monetary donation, keep me moving the next 10 weeks. I have a feeling I'll need it!

Now for the fun part....we need a team name. You have until Sunday night to give me ideas! :beerchug:

This is most noble of you. Great Job! I will PM you with a donation this weekend or Monday latest. :thumbsup:

Might I also suggest donating blood in memory of Mike and Kevin? Just walk into your local Red Cross office, tell them you want to donate......you don't even have to say why. You'll know inside why you did it and it'll be for a much needed cause.

It is for alot of the members here I'm sure. I mean no disrespect to Brenda or any of Kevin's closest friends by posting this up so soon either. I just wanted to do something in their memory and this challenge starts April 1st.

:bowdown::bowdown:

Name? Band of Brothers? first thing that came to mind since that's what Kat refers to us as

Great idea, sambusa.

As for what was said earlier about blood donation: I would encourage everyone here to donate blood. If you want to do it for Kevin, that's great, but whatever your reason, there's no better gift you can give someoone than another birthday, anniversary, day with their kids, etc.

:bowdown::bowdown:

Name? Band of Brothers? first thing that came to mind since that's what Kat refers to us as

That's a good one. Keep em' coming. I have to bring them all to work on Monday to decide with the team.

Great idea Ang!:thumbsup:

As for team names...hummmmm..... lemme think :whistle:

How about

"Heart of Sole"

"Athletes Afoot"

"2 step'n"

" Paul's Bunions"

"Are we there yet"

:laugh:

Great idea Ang!:thumbsup:

As for team names...hummmmm..... lemme think :whistle:

How about

"Heart of Sole"

"Athletes Afoot"

"2 step'n"

" Paul's Bunions"

"Are we there yet"

:laugh:

"Heart of Sole" Nice

"Athletes Afoot" Okay

"2 step'n" Not bad

" Paul's Bunions" UMM ???

"Are we there yet" They'll like this one :laugh:

why not "Live Strong Brigade" or "Earth's Angels"

I will keep trying to think of others.

Last edited:
how 'bout "the peda-cures"...peda for walking and cures for the reason for walking. everyone likes a pedicure.:poke:

how 'bout "the peda-cures"...peda for walking and cures for the reason for walking. everyone likes a pedicure.:poke:

That's cute. I got out-voted. I can't even tell you what the name is it's too embarrassing.

Anyway, I have received some donations! Thank you! :cheerleader: I'll collect until the end of May for those that decide they'd like to donate.

Back