TAPEWORKS GRAPHICS STUFF

OB_Dirty Pete

Registered
Ordered the tapeworks.com Hayabusa decal replacement kit today in metallic gold for my black Busa.

Check their site to see the kit in orange on a black Busa.

Rob there gave me a nice little discount, i.e. the $25 color change, for free. Total cost $109 plus shipping. You might ask for him when you order and perhaps he will give you the same break. Promising a blowjob when next you meet may help.

The Hayabusa kit, part number 3165 I think but be sure to look it up on their site before you order, includes overlay (+30 thou bigger image size over stock decals) vinyl stickers for tank, side fairings, front fairing and rear cowl fairing. For the side fairings, you get the big Jap symbol and your choice of the word Hayabusa as per stock, or you can delete the word Hayabusa and just run the symbol.

If you choose the latter route, you'll have to remove the stock decal.

You can have virtually any color you want including chrome.

And Rob has some good tips for accurate installation that he'll share with you if you ask. Anybody on the forum already done this and have advice to share?

I'm going metallic gold all around on my black Busa. I'll be anodizing the rims and some other bits gold. It'll be a black & gold Busa...like the old John Player Special Can Am cars.

Next projects: 12 foot fender antenna with raccoon tail, then the rear end Riders for Christ 100 light stoplight array (www.looklikeafool.com).

Dirty Pete be careful with the gold finishes.

I saw a Busa at Loudon this June that was killed with color. The guy owned a powder coating shop and got way too carried away.
Subtle changes work best on OEM paint schemes. Why don't you go with the Thrush Busa Images you presented a while back, or the Jim Beam Factory Team Scheme.

If you coat with a copper finish it will be faster, as per Guiness and Turbo Rick. :)

Just for that KawAbuser I'm going to plate the whole thing gold, put pink fringe upholstery and luggage on it, whitewall tires, a huge mother decker iridium windshield and park it at the end of your driveway every day all day long with a big sign on it that says "Will build one just like this for you. KawAbuser's Killer Kustoms."

(Don't worry. I'll be ever so subtle in my use of bright gold accents to compliment, punctuate, highlight, and counterpoint the unending expanses of light-sucking mass-increasing black and gray. There's no way Martha Stewart's gonna pull me over next summer and put me in bad taste jail.)

Now relax hand me that big can of gold wrinkle spray paint...I see where I could fit some nice fogging all around the fairing edges.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 01 November 1999).]

Dirty Pete don't laugh just yet, I have some picture of a Ducati 916 with apehangers tassles and fringe. A custom sissybar at the rear and highway pegs. I dont know what they were smoking in the Vance and Hines road race support semi but the Ducati is like a ITAL-Fonzi Design.

I will send you the pictures if you like.

Hey Dirty Pete,
You will love their Product. They do a great job. I had a Marlboro kit done for my YSR50.

Hey Dirty Pete,
You will love their Product. They do a
great job. I had a Marlboro kit done for
my YSR50.

That's encouraging Turtle, thanks!

KawAbuser please send pics of the bastard Duc 916 to pl@exclusivecom.com. I need a new screen saver and my tuner, who is a Duc nut (a Duc dealer as well, probably the smallest one in the world) will give it a place of prominence in his 20' X 8' new bike showroom.

Really I wish I could share this tuner with everyone. He's brilliant and can do anything you ask with incomparable speed and accuracy.
He is, for instance, Lang Hindle's tuner...Lang lives and does his development work just down the road from us. He (my tuner) has got 6 machine shop floor tools lined up like soldiers in his immaculate nothing but Snap-on shop. You'll meet him if we hook up at Bike Week.

He's also quite frightening to ride with.

Applied the Tapeworks Hayabusa factory decal overlay kit today in metallic gold on my black Busa. $120 U.S. Recommend it highly.

1-1/2 hours to put on, with some fairly nervous and fidgety manipulation when applying the big Japanese characters on the side fairings, but not too hard for one person. The decals are strong stretchy vinyl so they don't break easily and are quite forgiving during the application process.

The quality of the product is as good as TeamHayabusa promised, same quality as factory decals, and it makes a MAJOR difference to the appearance of your Busa for relatively little loot.

Chose any color you like. Just make sure you like the color you chose. tapeworks.com

That's a tough one. Black will take just about anything well 'cause it's neutral.

You have DyMags, right? Gold. So your bike is quite monochromatic and can handle some colorful detail. Blues, purples and deep emerald hues are a good match.

If you're into some splash, I think Metallic Purple, Metallic Bright Blue, Solid Royal Purple or Fluorescent Magenta would be sharp.

If you like classy, then Pearl Emerald, Pearl Royal Blue, Metallic Medium red or Solid Sapphire Blue .

For a very tasteful subtle effect, Pearl Teal.

If it were my bike, I'd go metallic Purple (purple has red in it to compliment the copper). I'd keep the red "R" on the tail section and the red "Hayabusa" on the side fairings. Then I'd get purple Lever Skins and spray paint my bar ends deep purple.

Anyway Vegas, it's all reversible if you don't like the results because the decals are overlays.

OK, I'm ready for everyone to flame me for being a swishy, limp-wristed Hayabusa interior decorator type. Nextht pleeth...

DP... I two have gone down the gold accent road with my Black/grey 'Busa. One thing I did which turned out "right" was to remove the screens over the air intakes (solder iron needed to soften the plastic) and paint them gold... very subdued, but different. Let me know what you think...

NICE idea Philo, thanx. I'll do it if the screens survive my planned ram intake mod.

I know I'll catch **** from KawAbuser for this, but I'm also anodizing my wheels bright gold, and probably the stock rear sets, too. I've already put bright gold channel trim around my licence (got the FSMD fender eliminator) and all around the FSMD hugger, too. Without it, you just can't see the black hugger at all and it's a work of art.

To offset the gold, I'm painting the exposed portions of the frame gloss black for sure and I'm thinking about doing the same to the entire swing arm as well.

Painting the frame black will make the main lump of the Busa between the wheels look much heavier and as if it was all carved from one piece...billet-like. Right now because of that rough and dull silver frame it looks to me like an assembly of pieces (maybe because it is, dohh).

To figure what colors I want, I just color photo copy a side view of the bike about 20 times and fool around with Magic Markers on the copies until I see something cool.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 08 November 1999).]

Back