tankslapper<what do you do

ive felt the front end get real sloppy on hard take off, but part of the problem was i had too much of a death grip on the bars, i relaxed abit and it eased up
SHOCKED.gif

(GPW @ Jul. 23 2007,16:04) Hit the throttle hard, then back off slowly..........
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif
And RELAX (this is the hardest part) your hands on the grips. Accelerate to get the weight off the front wheel (which is the problem) and then as the front patch recontacts the surface of the road (with some feel) ease off the throttle. Now, the above only takes sec.s so the control comes back fast. If it's real violent, accelerate as fast as you can until the head shake stops or your going down or will be high sided. And that HURTS  
sad.gif

And yes to the question of has anyone had a tank slapper, along with high and low siding  
sad.gif
. Not something you want to do !!!
beerchug.gif

SHOCKED.gif

sad.gif

YES...I have seen them and had them happen to me. Racing gets you very comportable with what the front end of a bike can do and when to actually get scared about it or just ride it through.
smile.gif

Well i dont have a busa YET....im working on selling the current bike to get one, but I DID have a bad tankslapper coming down too hard or something off a wheelie, and i just sort of sat there gripping the bars really loosly and thinking...oh crap im gonna die...then it just smoothed out and went home to change underwear....

Back