Poll on headshakes/tankslappers

Poll on headshakes/tankslappers -

• A: I have a stock damper and 1: Experienced a headshake

Votes: 59 100.0%

• Total voters
IG, I wish there was a category that said, "stock unit, heavy oil, hard riding and never a single problem!" Raydog

I've only experienced a little headshake. But after going up +5 in the rear, we'll see if they become more common and/or powerful. I have the aftermarket damper, ohlins.

What would create headshake or tankslaping? Is it a transfer of weight issue...after a hrad launch when the front is very light or no contact with the surface and starts to track?

For me no issues...
When you're on the gas and the front end comes up or gets light, then when the front end comes down if your wheel isn't perfectly straight it can induce headshake. Typically happens to riders who coming out of a corner and getting on the gas hard.

I shook my head NO onetime when Doyle went sailing by me with one hand on the throttle and the other hand holding and looking through a camera - while in a turn!!!

IG, I wish there was a category that said, "stock unit, heavy oil, hard riding and never a single problem!"        Raydog
I had that in every category, but this would increase the total number of choices beyond allowed limit of 10.
winkold.gif

stock
i experience headshake sometimes coming out of wheelies but i dont fight it and (so far) it straitens itself out. ive had guys tell me if you fight it youre gonna bust a**. im a novice so i can only speak from my experiences.

I didn't vote only because my slapper was more a result of the conditions than the counter measures.

Accelerating hard over broken up asphalt area (must have been a few potholes that were filled and refilled over time leaving a patched up uneven mess). Didn't crash but they wagged full lock back-n-forth a few times before settling. This was with a OE damper and fluid. Bike at stock OE height.

Headshake doesn't bother me much.
2cents.gif

Aimed at no one in particular,a few things i have learned over the years.
If the bike is loose/twitchy at big speed,firm up the rebound. (fork)
If it tries to shake/tankslap on tire lift(lower gears),soften the rebound (fork)

only couple x from power wheelie, right hand from throttle was pulling slightly but it always straightened out on its own after 1 shake.

Back