tankslapper tank protector

Elganja

Registered
I normally don't EVER make posts like this, but in this case I think it is warranted.

I initially ordered my tankslapper kit from http://www.thetankslapper.biz/online-....htmhttp . For those who don't know what it is, it's a clear film that you can put on your tank. It's similar to other tank protectors you have seen, except you can't see it at all when it is installed. It's held down by static, not glue which is a plus. You can wax over it as well; or remove and install it over and over with ease.

When I first got my kit, I was really disappointed. The center strip was very small and the side pieces didn't fit at all. I emailed Lucas at tankslapper and expressed my concerns. After a few email exchanges, I ended up making a crude drawing of what I expected it to be... a couple weeks later I get exactly what I wanted:

Sorry for the crappy pic:
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Lucas and the guys at tankslapper defiantly get
ThumbsUp.gif
for their customer service.

So if you are looking for a clear tank protector these are the guys to get it from... best part, it only cost's about 20 bucks!

Thats what I have. I need to replace my tank one..it is getting lift areas.

Mine covered most of the areas and even touches each other..some

Not knocking tankslapper cause i know they have a nice product (past user) but you can order sheets of the clear 3M stuff and make your own for cheaper than the precut $20+ stuff from tankslapper.

Not knocking tankslapper cause i know they have a nice product (past user) but you can order sheets of the clear 3M stuff and make your own for cheaper than the precut $20+ stuff from tankslapper.
that would require some talent.... I am better off buying this kind of stuff
laugh.gif

Another alternative is to do What I did and just use the old Tankslapper piece (or backing piece if you still have it) as a pattern and cut new ones out of Marine roll glass. This is the stuff they make windows out of on boat canvas. Thicker than the Tankslapper material and a little harder to install but much better protection. I also made a piece for the face of my hump to stop my jacket from rubbing on it. And you can get it for like $8 a linear yard!

If I wouldn't have paid the money for teh suzuki tank bra already I wouldn't gotten this one. Shoot, I still might if I can't get the suzuki tank bra to fit right, looks like crap.

that would require some talent.... I am better off buying this kind of stuff
laugh.gif

exactly... and if your cuts aren't perfect the edges will fray and not stick down correctly.

I got one of these, looks sensational and fits like a glove

http://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/store....ayabusa

If I had a black bike I would be all over this... but on a orange/blk I don't think it would look all that great

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered "Scotchguard Paint Protection Film"! I'll post up the results as how it works!

Anyone try the Tankslapper complete protection kit that they offer for $50? curious on how it fit and if the pieces were cut right?

Anyone try the Tankslapper complete protection kit that they offer for $50? curious on how it fit and if the pieces were cut right?
I got the whole kit for my 03, about the only areas they don't provide protection for is the trailing edges of the fairing just fwd of your knees and also the wing. They did provide some scraps to practice with that I used on the knee area. Overall I couldn't complain about it at all! Only things I have had a problem with were my own fault.
laugh.gif

When I first got my kit, I was really disappointed. The center strip was very small and the side pieces didn't fit at all. I emailed Lucas at tankslapper and expressed my concerns. After a few email exchanges, I ended up making a crude drawing of what I expected it to be... a couple weeks later I get exactly what I wanted:

ThumbsUp.gif

So if you are looking for a clear tank protector these are the guys to get it from... best part, it only cost's about 20 bucks!
Just found this thread with the Tankslapper Website but I can't seem to find an offering for the GenII. Since the GenI kit obviously didn't fit...guess I assumed they would have made the neccessary changes since Elganja gave them a template. Anyone have any luck with them lately???

ThumbsUp.gif

Just found this thread with the Tankslapper Website but I can't seem to find an offering for the GenII. Since the GenI kit obviously didn't fit...guess I assumed they would have made the neccessary changes since Elganja gave them a template. Anyone have any luck with them lately???

Back