Poll on headshakes/tankslappers

Poll on headshakes/tankslappers -

• A: I have a stock damper and 1: Experienced a headshake

Votes: 59 100.0%

• Total voters

IG.

Registered
Trying to get to the bottom of the issue. What works and what doesn't. We have a great collective experience on the subject. We just need to know the facts.

Please note that a tankslapper is when the handlebars are ripped from your hands, or close to that. Everything else is a headshake.

Regarding the damper, select the option which describes what damper you had during headshake/tankslapper (not what you have right now, cause you could've upgraded after your experience).

Also, please share what circumstances caused a headshake/tankslapper.

Could someone please vote for me (please post that you voted so no one else would vote again). I accidentally hit the NO-VOTE option. That would be "stock damper, had a tankslapper and DID crash". Thanks.

I used to experience soame headshake pulling hard out of a corner with the stock damper. I moved my Scott's damper from my racebike to the Busa - no more problems.

What would create headshake or tankslaping? Is it a transfer of weight issue...after a hrad launch when the front is very light or no contact with the surface and starts to track?

For me no issues...

I've experienced one headshake with the stock dampner. It was my first time to the dragstrip and she decided to get a little unruly. Small correction to the throttle brought her back into shape.

Stock, no problems
laugh.gif

Stock damper never a problem....
Me too
cool.gif
, and I've done high speed runs at Texas International and Hallet (well, not so high speed here  
tounge.gif
 , 130mph and below) with NO PROBLEMS. Maybe, you need to ask, Do you know what causes headshakes
sadnews.gif
 and if so, what caused yours  
winkold.gif
?

I have had a stock damper and an aftermarket damper.
I have had a modded stock damper as well.
I have expereienced a good head shake with each of them.

Regardless of what bike I was riding, Gixxer, Ninja, 'Busa, V Max...
On every occasion the condition occurred when,
I was subjecting the bike to heavy acceleration (above 100 mph 8-9000 rpm.), in either second or third gear (usually second) while upshifting as I was cresting a significant rise in the road.
The head shake, tends to occur the instant weight  comes off of the tire yet, still in contact with the road.
Predictably!
I have never experienced a head shake during a wheelie.

A Tank slapper is a condition that occurs usually when the front wheel briefly looses adhesion, when leaning into a corner, then quickly regaining grip.

GPR, Worth every penny........waiting for 08 version.....would not be without it.....try to find someone with one and see if you can try it......you will be surprised the difference......
thumb_up.gif

Back