Anyone use a steering damper on the busa

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering. Doing some mods to track the busa, and I've had a couple hair raising tank slappers in the past - wondering if a stabilizer would be worth it?

Opinions?

Just wondering. Doing some mods to track the busa, and I've had a couple hair raising tank slappers in the past - wondering if a stabilizer would be worth it?

Opinions?
I thought they came with one?
rock.gif

I've heard great things about the Scott's unit for liter and smaller track bikes...

If you use an aftermarket setup, make sure to take your old one off. If I were using the Busa on the track I would get an aftermarket unit, but for the street I think stock is ok for most people. I raised mine +1" in the rear and will let you know how it responds compared to stock. If I get any head wobble, Im going for the Scott's unit myself.

They do come with one, but the one on the bike is not set up for track forces. It's set up for the street, meaning low rebound. I reccomend the Scott Rotary steering damper or one like it. It has a dial to dial in additional or lessen forces. The one's I've used on the track (with Ducati's) worked GREAT and doesn't take up much space !
race.gif

Everybody who has a busa has used a steering dampner. They come with them from the factory. Some folks add after market dampners, I just replaced the water-like oil in mine with synthetic 90 wt oil......

Aha! Shows what I know! Man, just another reason I love our .org!

I didn't know that they had a factory setting...boy, explains why I didn't wreck when I did get serious head shake. I'll hold off on one for now, perhaps, then, and see if I can adjust my suspension instead and pward's advice. I appreciate the responses guys! Cheers!
beerchug.gif

I also replaced the oil in it with 80 weight. It seems to do better coming out of the corners on rises and such. later

Im so flippin happy I can hardly stand it....lol...just thought I would pick a topic at random and post my moment of glee....ok ---it's gone, and back to normal... Silly Rabbit, TriX are for Kids....whoaaa...where did that come from
tounge.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Jason...The damper is located under the triple tree. I'm sure there's a pin-spanner you could get to allow for adjustments.

Scotts and Ohlins both make a nice damper, so either one is a good choice. The Scotts would be easier to adjust on the fly though with its dial adjustment. You be surprised by how stiff the steering can be one the track, but yet you don't notice it until your back in the paddock.

Back