Stock Busa Steering Damper....Opinions?

It is very easy. Remove, unscrew plug, pump old oil out, put damper in vice and use a syringe to refill. Keep pumping slowly until no more air bubbles appear. The action will be smooth when it is bled out. Replace plug and re-install.

do you have to remove the stock damper when installing an after market top mount?? what if you dont??

Yes, you do need to remove the stock damper...

Why~?~ I had that same question but sure if I ever got a best answer...but I believe there is some thought that they can interfere with each other.

The damper on my 08 was, at best, okay with the stock BT-015's. I'm running PP2CT's now, and it just can't keep up. I'm in the process of ordering a solution...

So you have to buy yourself an aftermarket steering damper in order to control your new PP2ct's?

Appears you downgraded to the PP's?

80w90 gear oil in the stock damper works for me. I had a really bad tankslapper with original oil in - on the track, after the front got light for a moment going about 110 over a bump in the wet while leaned some - it wasn't pretty.

We did this a few years ago on a bunch of Gen1 bikes; it is much cheaper than buying a racing unit---unless you want the bling!

Back