Tank bag discussion - What looks the best

I don't have any pics of this on my bike, but I do like it. Seems to follow the bike lines a little too. Does all the usual stuff, converts to a backpack.

Last edited by a moderator:
For day rides I always liked using the Joe Rocket Manta tank bag, small but kinda suprising what you can fit in it. Dosen't look huge ugly big & bulky.

003.jpg

It'd be tough if packed tight like shown in the pic. But usually I don't have anything in the lower section, so I can see everything just fine.

Get a Luggage Locker - Tank Locker bag if you want to keep the paint clear. It mounts to the gas filler ring. I had one on my 04. It removes with a key for fueling. The bag never touches the paint. I will be getting another one for my 08 this summer.

Luggage Locker

I went with a corbin small magnetic bag. I like it because you can hardly see the side flaps that hold it on. I'll get some pic's up tonight. The sweet thing is that I have an Ipod wire harness that feeds in and I bought a Schoche Wireless Ipod remote that connects to the tank bag handle. My helmet has built in speakers that have an audio jack that hangs down just infront of the cheek pad. So, when I get off the bike, the helmet unplugs and I don't have to mess around with the speakers or pulling out the Ipod. I'm happy with the set up. For those looking for a wireless Ipod remote, I highly recomend the Schoche product. It was about $55.00 shipped and worth every penny.

Full bagster is not cheap but you get what you pay for. Probably have 30-40K on this thing now and worth every penny.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

I have the smallest tankbag I could get so I can stil get into a full tuck and not be impeded during spirited riding. :whistle:

displayimage.php

This is a good shot to show you body position while riding with a tank bag. Once you get into the big tank bags, you can't do this as they're stickin' ya in the gut.

displayimage.php

Got mine from Fero at Ride Addict - Uncommon Stuff for Your Bike

Prior to Bagster, I was using RKA Luggage magnetic tankbag. Can't stand the straps.

RKA is local here in NorCal so common around here. Good product too. RKA Home Page

Bagster on the 06 and now the 08, tank bags interchange. Great product.
06 tank still looks like the day I put the bagster on it. No scratching.

Great product.

Back