Tank Bag

hkrauss

Registered
I'm looking to get a magnetic tank bag for my Busa. Anyone have any recommendations on size as well as brand?

Rapid Transit Recon 19. Shape allows you to tuck, but still holds a change of clothes and a pair of sneaks or equivalent amount of other gear.
Mine when I ride has two bottles of water, a couple snacks, a large dial tire gauge with a stainless line, my clear visor, a ball cap, a package of Windex wipes for visor, digital camera, long sleeve shirt, wiping cloths for visor, and jacket liner. Room left over.
smile.gif

Bag3.JPG

i just ordered the recon tank bag and the optional water blader for it ,2 leters of water
super.gif

I just bought the recon 19 last week and it is a sweet bag! Not too big, its sleek , you can tuck up on it and it has a lot of storage pockets ect. Plus the Water pouch is a great idea when you need to keep hydrated on those long hot days when you can't stay away from the twisties.

super.gif

CB

Tourmaster, it comes with a BIG tank bag (with map window) and an attachable smaller Tank Bag (that you can use seperately) with a map window. Has side pockets and carries enough for me for a weekend by using Both (the smaller zips to the top of the big one) or the smaller one for just an overnight !!!  
beerchug.gif

I use the tourmaster. The undersurface doesn't scratch my tank at all and
really takes the strain off the lower back. I've done 150 mph with it on and it stayed right in place.
The other cool thing is, I found out it's incredibly water resistant even without the rain cover. Big zippers are easy to grab with riding gloves on.
comes with a shoulder strap for that Man bag look....
wow.gif

+1
Have the manta also.
Almost never comes off the tank. Keep the chatterbox and MP3 player in it.
I have fit Chatterbox, Camcorder, MP3 player, and a digital camera in it before. Still had a little bit of room.

Think it depends on what you are going to need to carry. For local runs I have joe rocket manta bag. holds everything that you cant fit in your pockets or dont want to. Not the bag if you need to bring change of clothes, shoes or anything like that.

I really like my Marsee magetic, it is 19 liter capacity, not huge but holds enough for a day ride for me anyway and is really secure. It seems well built although they seem to be quite a bit pricier than most brands.

everything in this photo except the helmet was purchased off eBay.  I flew to Richmond VA to pick up this bike and rode back to Leesville LA (Ft Polk) with a quick detour through Deals Gap.  GPS recorded a Max Speed of 183 mph (somewhere in Mississippi I believe)
You can just make out the Teknic tank bag.  IT IS HUGE!
freeway.jpg

As you can see, it fills the top of the tank nicely. This pic was taken as I was leaving for Pensicola FL for a military school. I ran into Mustang there at a Tuesday night bike meet at the Sonic.
16Sep06062.jpg

It packs alot of gear, expands well, and has lots of pockets.  It is a bit much for everyday rides, but for traveling...I don't leave home without it.
16Sep06059.jpg

I have 2 of em. I bought one from cycle gear that expands. It has a map cover and is good for overnight trips. I just recently bought a smaller one that I use on everyday trips. Both work well, but you will have to get into the habit of checking the bag for metal objects that could scratch the paint.

(Pipefighter248 @ Aug. 22 2007,18:20) +1
Have the manta also.
Almost never comes off the tank. Keep the chatterbox and MP3 player in it.
I have fit Chatterbox, Camcorder, MP3 player, and a digital camera in it before. Still had a little bit of room.
That manta looks pretty cool, for a Man-Purse.
laugh.gif

I don't have any more room in my Cortech mini, so this will be my next bag. New Enough has them for $40.
super.gif

WalMart sells Bell magnetic tank bag for 30 bux. It's a 5 liter I think....big.
Not a bad price for the size.

bell_tank_bag.jpeg

I have the Nelson Rigg CL-350.  Its awesome... the ONLY complaint I have is the front plastic clip on the bag touches the tank, so I put a piece of rubber hose around the plastic clip and its all good.  Works as a backpack, expands, has a clear top for a map.

Back