Taking her last name in marriage

Taking her last name in marrige - ok or not?

• Yes, it doesnt bother me to take her last name.

Votes: 108 100.0%
  • No, that is the craziest thing I have ever heard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either way, hey its just a name.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Grandfather would claw his way out of his grave using his Korean War issued Ka-Bar and he would cut my nuts off for me and then probably my head for good measure. guns.gif

I see two major problems with this:

1. I am proud of my father, mostly becuase he took me in when I was 8 years old and changed my last name when he adopted me. For this reason and the fact that I am the only male with 3 sisters, I could never disgrace him that way. The name shall live on.

2. Last time I checked, I make good money, pee standing, eat meat off the grill (still rare), shave my face, and don't blead for 5 days every month.

I am not against her keeping her name but don't change who I am.

I know my girl is reading this ..... NO Susan, i won't take your last name. firedevil.gif

(BusaBret @ Jul. 12 2007,05:35) I bet the guys that do this also sit to pee!
Now this is funny. But I have to agree if you get married and take her name well bro you are Done might as well get yourself a ball gag, gimp mask, & a dog collar.

(jessup @ Jul. 12 2007,04:51) She can keep her own name.  But I am not taking hers.  And whatever children we have  will have mine.

there wasn't an option like that to vote so I am putting a write in.
E
My thoughts exactly.

(rubber2burn @ Jul. 12 2007,10:flamethrowing:)
Now this is funny. But I have to agree if you get married and take her name well bro you are Done might as well get yourself a ball gag, gimp mask, & a dog collar.
I don't get your meaning, are you saying this is a good or bad thing?

firedevil.gif

Come on she takes the mans last name that's how it's been for a thousand years. I have not heard of a women asking for this before, is this a east coast thing? Now a lot of women now days like to keep there own last name and for me only I think they shouldn't. If you love the guy you will take his name.

(manatrader @ Jul. 12 2007,16:06) Come on she takes the mans last name that's how it's been for a thousand years. I have not heard of a women asking for this before, is this a east coast thing? Now a lot of women now days like to keep there own last name and for me only I think they shouldn't. If you love the guy you will take his name.
Just for the sake of oh, let's say a different view, what if that woman is an only child or comes from a family of nothing but girls and her father's family name dies off if she gives it up?  rock.gif

Ever consider that women also like the idea of carrying on a family name, out of respect for her father? Hrmmm... wink.gif

lol... That's the craziest thing I've ever heard!!!
I guess if your last name is REALLY REALLY stupid, then maybe... otherwise... it's crazy!

enough said...

wife.jpg

kitchen.jpg

BTW: I was given authorization from my wife to post these... smileyexhibit.gif

If my wife is a successful business person and needs to keep her name for that reason that's one thing, but changing MY last name and family line, fug that!

Is it OK to sit if it's the first thing you do in the morning and your still hung-over and tired?

Just wondering........

(rlachermeier @ Jul. 12 2007,18:51)
Is it OK to sit if it's the first thing you do in the morning and your still hung-over and tired?

Just wondering........
If you're suffering w/ a hangover from a night of drinking the next morning then yes, you are given a pass for sitting.

Wow this is the best thread I ever started lol. For those who are wondering NO I would never do this but I thought it would be a good topic and it sure was.

This is probably in fun, so no; I didn't read the thread. This is probably one of the most important decisions in a persons life and because of the current legal climate one you better get right. Don't worry about the name just make dayum sure both of you love each other more than anything else in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back