Swingarm Stand

redbusa04

Registered
Hello Everyone,
Any tips on getting your 'Busa up on a swingarm stand by yourself without risking a fall over? Mine was up on it last night, but I had my brother stradle the bike so I didn't have to worry about it going over. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
-Tim <span style='color:red'></span>

Yup, Slip a piece of 2X4 under the side stand, then you can adjust from there with a couple pieces of carpet or whatever, stappled to the 2X4. Basically, what your doing is getting the bike just about completely upright with whatever you place under the side stand, then just get under your rear spools with your stand and it's easy as pie without any drama... Good stuff...

I just keep the forks locked to the left and the kick stand down...

Feels squirrely the first time you try it, but it keeps the bike from drifting around as it goes up. I unlock it for what ever I'm doing then lock it again to lower it.

Exactly what CA does! The first couple times it will seem squirrely, but no real problems.

take the hump/seat off and use the crossmember for the subframe that the hump/seat latches on to.

it works great as a handle.

I'm telling you folks, shim the sidestand to just the right "almost completely verticle point" and you no longer have to fug around with levering your Busa off the floor and crossing your fingers, or popping the hump or seat everytime you want it up there. It really is dead simple and takes all the stress and potential for fuggin up outta the equation...

In all fairness though I am not using a 2X4
sad.gif
I got's me a piece of pressure treated 2X6, works like a champ. And my bike lives on the Pit Bull while in the garage, I figure it is so much more stable than the sidestand that it just makes sense.

Cool ideas. I think I'll try blocking under the kickstand. That sounds the safest to me. Thanks for all the input!!
-Tim

Good suggestions all around! Never thought I'd have to go to Home Depot to get something for the Busa!

I've done the hump mod to leave the rear grab bar on. I use it as a handle.
I straighten the bike up hold it up with one hand and raise the rear with the other one. Very easy.

Back