Stock Bar Ends

redbusa04

Registered
<span style='color:red'></span>
Last night I was trying to remove the stock bar ends to install some new vibration damper aluminum ones, but I couldn't remove them. They are held on with a philips head bolt, and seem impossibly tight. Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions would be most welcome!
Thank you in advance for your help. -Tim

Red, they use locktite at the factory so try a long rachet with extention for leverage, I also used a impact wrench on 1 side and the other I screwd up the head so I drilled it out, came off in 5 seconds so drill maybe the easiest.
blush.gif

Red, a #3 impact screwdriver will do the job. I wrestled with that for a long time myself before asking the question.

I just turned the bar end by hand to break it loose, then I was able to get the screw fine.

Thanks for the tips! I thought I was the only one. I was turning the screw so hard that it started to bend the "X" around the edges, but it still wouldn't break loose.
Thanks again! -Tim

Oh, I also tried to break it loose with a Dewalt 14.4 volt drill driver, and the motor started to smoke! It still didn't budge!

-Tim

RED BUSA IS 100 % CORRECT, JUST TURN THE END BY HAND SAID THE SUZUKI MECHANIC TO THE IDIOT(ME). I HAD TO ASK ALSO AFTER ALMOST RUINING THE SCREW THAT WAS IN THERE AND WHEN I CALLED , THE MECHANIC SAID THAT HE HEARS THAT ALOT AND ISNT SURE WHY YOU CAN BREAK THE INITIAL SEAL BY HAND AND THEN THE SCREW JUST COMES RIGHT OUT..... GOOD LUCK IF YOU HAVENT DONE IT BY NOW.....

Mine came off fine with an "oversized" (ie. the huge one in the Sears Craftsman set that's not usually useful except in this case) Phillips screwdriver.

Yeah just turn the whole bar end to break it loose. Then use a phillips screw driver.

Mine were falling of a day after i picked her up.
but both ways will work impact screwdriver or simply just turn the bar.

Man! after stripping the screw on one of the bar ends I searched and found this link Just like billbell said turned  bar end and got it lose.Thanks a million!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|arey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094156470 -->

Back