SWINGARM BEARINGS

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
I did not remove the bearings in my swingarm before having it powdercoated.

They appear to be ruined (not moving) so I want to replace them.

2 questions:
1) How do you get these things out?

2) Where's a good place to get replacements?

Thanks All!

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

I've got a 3-9" arm thats about to be powdercoated (same bike as yours just not turbo'd
sad.gif
) The shop said that they could press new ones in if I need them . I hope that I can just tape them closed when they coat it so I don't have to replace them. The arm looks good Cecil!

I've got a 3-9" arm thats about to be powdercoated (same bike as yours just not turbo'd
sad.gif
) The shop said that they could press new ones in if I need them . I hope that I can just tape them closed when they coat it so I don't have to replace them. The arm looks good Cecil!
I think the problem is more with the heat and less with the spray.

Mine were taped off during the spray.
However, I think the over "cooked" them... they don't move at all.

I can't wait to get the arm and chain & sprockets on.

Kinda wish I would of went with a arm like yours (adjustable 3 - 9).

screw driver and hammer if their shot anyway. Piece of wood and a hammer when installing the new ones, tap'em in softly. Mine went in really easy and I just pryed the old ones out since I was replacing them.

nice arm, you will be pleasantly surprised of the launch stability of the bike now!!!
congrats and get'er done....

Thanks all...

I was able to swap out the bearings on the swingarm... it's lookin good!
Here's a sneak preview...
BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

Lookin good Marine! How long before the new hair dryer gets there?
rock.gif

Looks awesome, not a lot of room for the chain adjustment? Are you going to put the little under fairing on or leave it off?
I had to leave mine off, was hitting the exhaust, but in your case having the turbo and all might not be an issue.

Looks awesome, not a lot of room for the chain adjustment? Are you going to put the little under fairing on or leave it off?
I had to leave mine off, was hitting the exhaust, but in your case having the turbo and all might not be an issue.
I had planned to leave the wing on... didn't think about it possibly hitting the swingarm.

I will collapse the chain adjusters all the way in before mounting the chain.

...man... I can't wait to get it back on the road... this is killing me.
Everyday I walk past it coming / going from / to work.
Everyday I set down my stuff and sit on it...
tounge.gif

Going to need a shorter kickstand.
My 7" adjustable is completely collapsed and it still sits upright.
This is not the best angle to illustrate my opint about the kickstand... but I think you get the idea.

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112883052 -->

Back