Swingarm Bearings Question

JPunisher

Registered
Thinking of changing out the swingarm and I'm planning on getting new bearings. Looking at the parts diagram, I am seeing the following:
3. Bearing Pivot
4. Bearing Rod
7. Bearing Spacer
8. Washer
9. Dust Seal
12. Washer
13. Nut

Are the only parts I need to replace the Bearing Pivot and Bearing Rod? Is there anything else I need to purchase that I shouldn't reuse?

Link to Diagram OEM Parts

Thanks,

JPunisher

If it's not broke don't fix it.
If you're buying an arm with no bearings in it then I would possibly buy new bearings. Most of the time I along with a lot of other people just reuse the old bearings from your old swingarm. But if you've never removed them before they can be a severe pain. Plus if you've never installed them before you can tear them up while doing it. All you need is the two large bearings to go in the main pivot where it bolts to the frame and the two smaller ones where the dog bones bolt. Then reuse all existing hardware from your old swingarm. You will have to knock at least one of the large bearings out of your old arm to get the sleeve out that is used for a spacer in the front of the arm.

Yes it would be a new arm. Bearings are cheap enough that it makes sense to me to just buy them and avoid headaches removing the old ones and problems down the road. I agree with reusing everything else. I just wasn't sure what could be reused and not. Thanks for help.

You will have to buy the center sleeve for the main pivot if you don't remove your old one. That requires removing at least one of the large bearings.

Thanks for the heads up. Shouldn't be too hard to remove. Anyone know where I can find a tutorial or video for changing out the swingarm? I wouldn't mind trying it myself if there was a guide out there. I have already tried the search function but no luck.

Anyone have experience with All Balls Bearings? I've seen these for $30 vs OEM Suzuki $86. I don't want to skimp if this is going to cause a problem in the long run.

Anyone have experience with All Balls Bearings? I've seen these for $30 vs OEM Suzuki $86. I don't want to skimp if this is going to cause a problem in the long run.

I run them in all my dirt bikes. I have had good luck with them.

Back