Busa Swingarm - 6" Over

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Bought this off EBay... did not realize how bad it looked until it was recieved.
The peices welded in the center for the 6" extention do not appear to be true / straight.

The target bike is a Turbo Busa.

What do you think... would you use this arm?
Is there anything you would try to do to salvage it?
As you can see... the welds are absolutely horrible looking also.

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

had to tell from pictures but it looks like it could be strong. You could always grind off the welds and have it redone.

Oh HELL NO! Aluminum loses almost 20% of its strength by welding it properly. That was NOT welded properly. the best use for that is holding down your recycle bin
sad.gif
If you want to save it take it to a GOOD metal fabricator who can cut that hack job out and replace it properly. I know a guy in Largo off Ulmerton if you don't know anybody. I'll ask if he'll do it for you if you'd like.
wink.gif

I might have a MacIntosh are forsell won't know for a day or two. air in arm and under braced chromoly 6-8 over arm that came off my turbo busa

That looks nasty and amateur. I'd be afraid it would crack in half while you're riding.

The swingarm's a very important part of the bike. Get one done by a real craftsman (someone with good references on this board for example.)

Cecil_Stringer I've seen pictures of your bike and all I can say is.... HOW DARE YOU EVEN CONSIDER PUTTING THAT UGLY THING ON YOUR BIKE
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
. That like dressing up a Super Model in a dress from The Goodwill Store.
Are you having trouble keeping the front end down ? You have the 2004 LE right ? That is not going to go with the black frame you have unless you have it painted . Any swingarm you get is going to have to be painted. Your making me angry Marine . Your Bike is Perfect .... Damnit.,

<!--EDIT|tinmann
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109034826 -->

mad.gif

mad.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I think I would either have reworked, or get a diff. one. A freind here in town has one one a 02LE,Turbo, 240 tire kit and it came black. I think it,s a dyna track, or track dynamic, or something like that. I can find out for sure if you want me to.

Here is another Swingarm that I did. Sorry this one is on my bike. The one pictured above is for sale. It is 0-6 and uses and very large 3/4 inch bolt on the axle adjusters. It is sanded and ready to be powder coated or chromed. Let me know if you want to drive over to take a look at it. My bike was well over 300 hp so I know my Swingarms can take the punishment.

FinishedSwingarm2.jpg

FinishedSwingarm.jpg

I say, just duct tape it real good then paint it black to match the rest of the bike and it should work just fine.

Kev

Welds look really bad...I would not even trust it to hold up under intense pressure...I am glad you are getting you money back...

Cecil do the right thing and get a swingarm from a reputable supplier...Your arm has got to be powder coated to match the frame...I'll finish with that...
evil.gif

HELL NO CECIL!!!  Don't you even consider putting that shiite on your bike!  Those welds are horrible to begin with and I'm willing to bet that the metal was penetrated too deeply where those welds are puddled.  Trust me on this dude.  I do know a little sum'n sum'n about welding.  
umnik.gif
 I read the posts where the guy is going to refund your money and you're returning it, but I just wanted to emphasize how strongly I don't want you to mess with that shiite.  I think I speak for about 99% of the folks on here who probably don't know each other from Adam, but we do care about each other.

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109076761 -->

Good thing that you are sending it back cecil... That thing looks horrid! That welding is bad...way way bad
wow.gif

Back