swappin out swing arm

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
hey just scored a black swing arm and i want to install it. Do i need a special tool to get the swingarm axel out or is there something in my kit that will work. Also has anybody done this if so do u have any advice

nothing in your kit will help you. There is a special suzuki tool for taking off the nut. You can improvise and hit the nut with a blunt flat aboject. Not the best way but it will work. You have to take the chain apart and you have to get the rear of the bike off the ground. A rear stand will not work. Once you do get it off the ground be careful not to drop it. Loosen all the bolts before you put the bike in the air. You will also have to disconnect the rear brake line.

it should have notches in it. you want to hit the side of the notches that will turn it counter-clockwise. Yes you can do the same thing to put it back on. I hjave never done it on my busa but had done it several times on my Gixxer 750

do you have to hold it on the other side with anything or will the nut not spin? Do i need any kind of grease when i put it back together?

ill have to go out when it stops raining and look at it

Ok I just went and looked at mine, there is a nut on both sides. one side has a regular nut and the other side has a nut with 4 notches cut in it. you might need to just remove both of them. you should be able to find a bolt and nut at a hardware store with the head the same size as the special tool you need. for the right side. kind of like the home made tool for removing the front wheel.

Hope this helps

Hey man i tried it and it was a no go any other suggestions

Just for anyone who cares i chaged it out. Was two person job. took us about 6 hrs without proper tools. Had to go and buy a new angle grinder. I also found out that the busa doesnt have a clip master link so i had to go to the dealer to have my chain put together properly. But here you go before

IMAG0001.JPG

and after sorry but the excessive shine. Damn polished frame... sun was kinda bright too

IMAG0015.JPG

other side without so much sun. Just got to get my rear sets passenger pegs and brake bracket powerder coated.

IMAG0019.JPG

I think it looks great with the black arm
I have the same color bike and i never thought about switching to a black arm
but I like it

im still searchin the site but does anyone have a link to painting metal parts ie passenger pegs.

Back