SuzukiHayabusa.ORG

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Just took a stroll over to suzukihayabusa.org,browsed around a little while and stumbled across a thread about a skyline vs a busa video.Some guy on the sight simply put, is a misinformed,uneducated,racist biggot.Now since the owners or moderators of the sight dont either have the guts or initative to reel this ahole in,I thought I would try to contact the owners or moderators of the sight BEFORE I give copies of the posts to the American Embassy and state dept. Guys things like this might not effect you, maybe you dont give a crap,but I live and work in an Arab country.The people here are the kindest I've met anywhere in the world.Things like this can a have a detrimental effect on all American expats not to mention military personell deployed in this region.So, if anyone knows the proprietors or moderators of the sight, let me know.The moderators of this sight here at least have the decentcy to put restrictions on adult content and offensive language.and set great examples of how to run a web sight.People like the guy that made the remarks about "Arabs" make me ashamed and sometimes afraid to tell people I'm American.NJ out.

That was the first time and last time for me, not sure how to post a link, but just go to the videos forum or section,I'm so pissed now I cant think straight!!!!

couldnt see the video but i think the comments about arabs were made because they have nvr been to their country and are only goin by what they here in the news and see on tv. Not to mention the resent war has just been fuel to their racisim. Its more ignorance than being a total a hole

You're probably right,what is that saying? " I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone totally unarmed" Anyway, I happen to live in the country where that Skyline is and the vid made, now dont get me wrong,the busa is a fast bike and I love mine, but there are Skylines here that will smoke most busas with the exception of maybe a high boost turbo bike.Yes, some of the locals here have a lot of money, but they all work and who can blame them for the USA's need for 45% of all oil produced? The guy just made me angry and embarrassed.:(

Its more ignorance than being a total a hole
[/QUOTE]

Only a child can be excused for ignorance (not knowing). Racist people (adults) "choose" to be racist .

Well, that site isn't known to be like that. So I had to check it out. You are right. The guy clearly has some ignorance and perhaps something stuck up his butt. However, he has a right to his opinion and his comments were limited to a few post thread. In my book, it never crossed the line enough for the moderators to get involved. If it had turned into one of those 100 post cat fights, then the moderators would have probably shut it down.

I do care about biggotry and I am usually very quick to condem stuff like this, but we have to pick our battles my friend. Did you notice that the thread in question was from January '03, almost 2-years ago. Is it worth bringing up now? Does that person still exist on that board?

And out of curiosity, just what interest would the American Embassy and State Department have in a guy in Seattle who doesn't like Arabs? Or in a motorcycle site that allowed a guy to vent a little. The State Department is pretty busy right now. We might want to focus on something that is a larger threat.

Its more ignorance than being a total a hole

Only a child can be excused for ignorance (not knowing). Racist people (adults) "choose" to be racist .[/QUOTE]
I look at it like this ignorance is not knowing. he knows nothing about the culture or people, only what he sees on tv about teh oil and money, and fighting.

But your point if he chooses to hate the people becasue of what little he knows than it racisim. Didnt really read that deep into the thread more worried about getting the video to work and had not luck

First let me say I'm not defending what they said.

Due to Freedom Of Speech, we have to live our lives listening to a$$holes talk. There's no use in getting upset about. First this is the internet, some people say the crap just to piss off others. Second, when you bring it up on a post like "All read this PLEASE!" You're just giving the bungholes more pleasure and satisfaction.

My advice, ignore it, don't let it bother you, and let it fade away(don't add a post that brings it back to the top).

My advice, ignore it, don't let it bother you, and let it fade away(don't add a post that brings it back to the top).
<u><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#FFE3F5" valign="middle" align="left">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left">E X A C T L Y ![/QUOTE]</u>

Let the 2-year old post from another board die. But I agree with you (NJ) that we generalize the Arab/Islamic World much too much. Those people and countries are as different as Christian countires.

rock.gif

Ignorance is not bliss n2oJunkster, its a fancy word for stupid.
The guy is oblivious to anything "PC" or to other peoples feelings or beliefs.
Ignorant is too kind a word for this person.

Additionally, don't let it bother you too much. Not worth it. Some people you will never reach no matter how hard you try too either.

Dang.. I didnt even notice the post was two years old until Thinker pointed it out.

Heck, the guy who made the post might not even be alive anymore.

Who knows, the way Karma works in this world, and how things that go around come around, he was probably kidnapped by some islamic extremists and beheaded or something

wow.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100641591 -->

You know the only thing that bothered me about the vidoes is that the busa rider didng have a clue how to ride. There should be no way the cars were winning. I have seen some video's of a busa racing an 835rhp (i think) viper with nos and the only time the viper had a chance was when the busa was tapped out, then it just blew by the busa like it wasn't moving. I just don't see the skyline beating a busa like that in a short run.

Rainspider,I dont pretend to be an expert at racing,far from it.But you should know that these GTR Skylines are serious machines. They are all wheel drive, which means they dont spin!!!!! Take that coupled with 1100 to 1500 horse power and youve got a cat that will devistate most if not all bikes out on the street, the yellow car in the video runs the quarter mile in high sevens low eights.It would take a very serious bike and even more serious rider to outrun that kind of car.Its nothing to see a 1000 horsepower skyline here at the red light next to you.I love my busa, but I know which fights to fight and which ones to walk away from.I've been racing a mustang for about 4 years now, outran many cars and bikes with it out on the street,but one day I took it out with the normal radial tires not the ET streets, pulled up to the red light beside what looked like a four cylinder eclipse, little did I know that this was an all wheel drive model with 30 lbs of boost!!! He handed me my A.... and with 4 less cylinders!!! So you see, we have a nice bike in the Hayabusa, but there is always someone faster.The guy that made all the remarks about arabs, obviously has never been out of the US,probably grew up with racist parents and this kind of narrow minded, misguided train of thought is probably just a product of his enviroment.I've been living in the UAE for three years now,These people here are the kindest, most generous people in the world. but its people like the guy making the post that make it harder for people like myself to try to overcome the misconceptions they have about alot of Americans.Thats all I'm saying about this,Im just glad that posts like that arent tolerated on this sight.NJ out.

What do you mean and my point is? Can you read or not? Your comprehension on a third grade level? You're probably about 20 years old, still live with your parents and cant afford to the insurance on a new red busa! Smartass remarks I've found come easy from people who dont have a clue about the world outside their rural little towns,I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you but what have you accomplished in life? What if anything have you given to your country? and shall I dare ask, what have you given to charity? I'm not the kid you've obviously mistaken me for,I'm a level headed adult, served my country, and I'm making an honest living in an Arab country.Take your your wise cracks and and feeble mind on over to Suzukihayabusa.org where you'll fit in nicely.

Back