How do I turn off email notification?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
I've been a member for a few years. Now all of a sudden I am getting an email every time someone posts to a subscribed thread.

The email says I can turn that off in control panel. I don't see where (not that it is not in obvious sight). I even turned off messages from the administrator.

This I guess would be a message to the administrator. Both sites hayabusa.org and suzukihayabusa.org used to not have any obvious way of searching for a phrase. That is to say the you couldn't put IGNITION SWITCH in quotes and get the search engine to return only posts with the phrase ignition switch. You would get every post with ignition and every post with switch.

That said, I have noticed that SuzukiHayabusa.org now has a search capability to search for phrases. All you have to do is enter the phrase in quotation marks. So, "ignition switch" will only return posts with the phrase ignition switch. You can see how that would help speed searches.

How about hayabusa.org doing this. Please.

It will show your subscribed threads and the subscription date below the title with a hyperlink "cancel" beside of that.

(Pipefighter248 @ Jul. 05 2007,17:28) It will show your subscribed threads and the subscription date below the title with a hyperlink "cancel" beside of that.
The part I want to turn off is where I get an email every time someone posts to that thread. I know if I delete the thread in topic tracker that the email will stop. Before I didn't get an email.

I only get emails of topics I am tracking. I have always got emails from them.

You can cancel them in the topic tracker area or let the time expire.
beerchug.gif

(FAVahalik @ Jul. 05 2007,19:47)
(Pipefighter248 @ Jul. 05 2007,17:28) It will show your subscribed threads and the subscription date below the title with a hyperlink "cancel" beside of that.
The part I want to turn off is where I get an email every time someone posts to that thread.  I know if I delete the thread in topic tracker that the email will stop.  Before I didn't get an email.
are you just wanting a quicker link to the thread without having to search for it, so you are using the topic tracker?

maybe a moderator can help on that one?

(BlueHaya @ Jul. 05 2007,18:06)
(FAVahalik @ Jul. 05 2007,19:47)
The part I want to turn off is where I get an email every time someone posts to that thread. I know if I delete the thread in topic tracker that the email will stop. Before I didn't get an email.
are you just wanting a quicker link to the thread without having to search for it, so you are using the topic tracker?

maybe a moderator can help on that one?
Yes. After a few days, a topic gets buried in a lot of other topics and new topics won't pull up a thread you are watching in as little as a day.

Topic tracker will take you right to a topic you are watching. Suddenly in the last month, I get an email when anyone responds to a topic and it fills up my email. I may visit the site only once a week.

It's not that important, I just thought there would be an easy way to switch email on and off.

Back