What is this message I got in an email?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
This is supposedly from suzukihayabusa.org. It seems like an ad to post ****.
When I try and access suzukihayabusa.org, my browser can't find it.

Is SH.org on the way out? It's like their up, their down, this link is broken, that url is invalid.

And out of curiosity, how large is H.org when compared to SH.org?

The message:

New announcement: WOYM SHUT DOWN

Inbox X

|
SuzukiHayabusa.org
to me

show details 8:49 PM (18 hours ago)

The board at WOYM.org - SuzukiHayabusa.Org was launched because we didn't want to hold you back. We have a strict rule here about posting ****. The reason is we don't want this site blocked from people's workplace and **** will get you shut down faster than anything. So this board will always be very strict about that, post nudes and you will be banned.

At WOYM.org - SuzukiHayabusa.Org you can post anything and everything with little to no moderation. It is a self policing board, the only thing not allowed is personal attacks or contact info for obvious reasons. So there's a wide open board there at WOYM.org - SuzukiHayabusa.Org for you to post whatever is on your mind, but we're ready to shut it down because it is not being used.

Now a few post whores could turn that around and make the place interesting, but since it didn't take off we may shut it down. It all depends on the results of this poll, the activity over there and your replies on this thread.

So here is your chance to have a say and it think will count. Should it stay or should it go? Should it change or stay the same? Is there anything could we do better that would make it worthwhile to have around?

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

WOYM SHUT DOWN?

Regards,
The SuzukiHayabusa.org Team.

Hey Floyd,
I can tell you what my interperation of that email is, having a little history helps..... A few years ago a new forum called WOYM was created that allowed basically anything that you wanted to talk about or post up.. (Whatever is On Your Mind) very little oversight was the plan (good idea)... I read from that email that they are just advising folks to not post inappropriate content on the SH.org site because it causes problems... Just like here on Hayabusa.org in the past years our site would get listed as "inappropriate if there were bikini girls or suggestive pics posted. The same was true with language. What we were seeing was that companies were blocking the sites and the members could not get to the forums because of firewalls and filters.

That is what I read out of that email.......

I can tell you that several years ago there was a pic of a girl in a suggestive position on a bike and a comment that included what that member wanted to do to her... An innocent member went to see what was going on here and when he logged in and pulled up the post that girl in the bikini and the comment was seen by a female in the office and he almost lost his job for sexual harrassment. We have worked vey hard over the years to keep that from happenning, a lot of the times here we talk about being kid safe, we have recently became stuck on that the being the only reason for the language but I can dig up old post where members were having issues with spouses, kids and work... We put a stop to it and now most can get to us from work.....

Let me know if I explained that well enough or just confused you to death.

Cap

Last edited:
Try not 2 curse thanks :rulez:

The word that was blocked was not a curse word but the word P O R N O I'm pretty sure.. We blocked that word years ago because when post get put into filters and firewalls the Hayabusa.org site was being blocked for keywords. The easiest way to keep that from happening was to just block that word from being posted here...

Make sense...

I got it also and I'm proud to say my post count @ SH.org is......0. (I'm sure it's a decent set up but just not interested). Raydog

I got it also and I'm proud to say my post count @ SH.org is......0. (I'm sure it's a decent set up but just not interested). Raydog

Make no mistake there are some super smart folks there... Just a different atmosphere, doesn't make em bad guys they just speak out a little more freely...

CAp

All I know is when googling questions about Hayabusas the only durn site that kept coming up was Hayabusa.org. I got tired of seeing only this and figured if you can't beat em join em !

I have seen the other sites but when I go to Busanation or others I see 6 viewing and 1 in the area I am in .
I like to talk to more than person !

And capt is correct this place reads like a text book and is very informative .
The others read like magazines . Too much fluff and BS !

Amazing...yet the .oRg is experiencing unprecedented traffic volume and requests for sponsorship.

Yeah...and people complain about it here. Amazing.

Back