Suspension report

vman1300

Never Forgotten
As some of you guys know, I had a little work performed on the suspension of my 99 Busa over the winter.

1st a little rundown on the items installed:

Front

Axxiom valving
New fork springs
new seals
oil
all items checked, cleaned

Rear

I purchased a shock from the ORG that had been done by Traxxion with a 1100lb spring and revalved for a 300lb rider.

It was installed at the same time as the front mods.

I did leave the 1" raising links in the rear also.

All work was performed by Traxxion Dynamics on a group buy offered here by Mike.

Now the report........

As most of you guys that have ridden with me, you know I like a brisk pace through the mountains and a track day in the mix.

I was experiencing major compression on the front when hard on the brakes and would have to brake way early to allow the forks to settle before starting the turn.

At Road Atlanta, a control rider commented on how far I was compressing the rear suspension mid corner out. He said I was spinning the rear apex out and I was in despirate need of suspension help.

I did not get a chance to get out in the mountains until this past weekend and what better place than Deals Gap to have a little test and tune, lol......

I met up with a few friends at the CROT on Friday night, the plan....meet a few friends at the overlook at 8:30am on Saturday.

We headed up the mountain and I was verrrryyyyyy cautious given the no heat in the Michelin stickies and the fact that I had not gotten any seat time with the new suspenders.

Under mild braking, the front was not compressing no where near as bad and I found my self braking later to set up for the turns.

For those that have been to the Gap are probably familiar with Gravity Cavity. It is one of my favorite sections on the road. My bike felt planted all the way through at a quicker pace than I ever had been at that part.

What an improvement!!!!!!! I felt like I was riding a different machine.

As the day progressed, and pavement temps allowed some heat in the M2's, I turned the wick up a little.

Me and Doug, 03 R6, made a few extremly hot passes with me around a bike length from his rear tire. I was able to hold my life with less effort and smoother in the process.

Doug followed me and commented that I was still spinning out of the corners but no where near as bad.

Hey this might help my 1500 mile rear tire wear, lol.....

With changes like this make the Busa a corner carving monster? Not at all......but I am here to tell you it made my Gap trip this weekend a learning experience and my bike more fun to ride, if that is possible.

In the end, I ran two full tank of gas through my bike and never left the Gap!!!!!!!!

Guys and gals, if you are even considering a suspension change, I HIGHLY recomend Traxxion. Mike, Lee, Max and the rest of the staff will go out of their way to earn your business.

Thanks a million for the GB Mike and my hats off to your entire staff!

cool deal, thanks for the write up
cool.gif

? for ya, did they redo the rear shock for you or did they leave it at the 300# setting?

As for spinning the rear tire, well you know, like ya do twinkletoes
laugh.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

cool.gif

laugh.gif

cool deal, thanks for the write up
cool.gif

? for ya, did they redo the rear shock for you or did they leave it at the 300# setting?

As for spinning the rear tire, well you know, like ya do twinkletoes
laugh.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
They did make a few changes to the compression and rebound but left the 1100 lb spring on.

Me spin the rear coming out of a turn? Never.....

cool.gif

laugh.gif

I only have about 500 miles on my new fronts... it is a lot less work riding the thing without the front caving in every time you have to lay it over going into the corners... Now to save for the new rears
smile.gif

Back