Adjust that suspension!

mcoyote

Registered
(...Remember a couple of weeks ago I was whining about handling and musing about spending some $ on upgrades...)

So, after blowing the plant life out of my wallet and looking at the "cash flow" section of M$ Money for a little while I said to myself "Hmmm, maybe I should fiddle with the stockers a little more..."

Went to sportrider, as suggested in an earlier post, here:

...and tried those settings. The rear preload was obviously for somebody lighter (I'm about 280lbs w/gear), and I was still getting some unpleasant dive and taking a few too many bumps at the rear.

Long story short, I upped the compression damping -- front and rear -- another turn or two and maxxed out the rear preload (up on centerstand, turn collar until it don't go no more), which gave me about the right sag...

...And now I'm happy! She's CRISP now...sticks to the road like glue, and doesn't wallow under hard braking or turning. Way good. Thanks for your input everyone (ADJUST THAT SUSPENSION)!

Yeah, I got to get working on mine too. You and I are about the same weight. I bought the Ohlins rear, and have RaceTech springs and gold valves in the boxes... however, the springs and valves are a beeeeatch to install... May have to fiddle with the stock forks myself as I am thinking i'll have to mail the forks somewhere for service...

i just set mine to those settings and went riding last week with it
it felt like a new bike in the corners
long high speed sweepers were great
now i know why they say mess with the suspension cause it makes a diffrence
i can now lean the busa like never before
and i dont feel the slip-ig out the front and rear wheel any more

yes, try and save money by adjusting first

i agree

(...Remember a couple of weeks ago I was whining about handling and musing about spending some $ on upgrades...)

So, after blowing the plant life out of my wallet and looking at the "cash flow" section of M$ Money for a little while I said to myself "Hmmm, maybe I should fiddle with the stockers a little more..."

Went to sportrider, as suggested in an earlier post, here:

...and tried those settings. The rear preload was obviously for somebody lighter (I'm about 280lbs w/gear), and I was still getting some unpleasant dive and taking a few too many bumps at the rear.

Long story short, I upped the compression damping -- front and rear -- another turn or two and maxxed out the rear preload (up on centerstand, turn collar until it don't go no more), which gave me about the right sag...

...And now I'm happy! She's CRISP now...sticks to the road like glue, and doesn't wallow under hard braking or turning. Way good. Thanks for your input everyone (ADJUST THAT SUSPENSION)!
Woooooot, another has come to the light. Makes such a difference and it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a lightweight. I only weight about 160. I still have the factory setting. The Busa is terrific in the twisties; very predictable. Kinda stiff on those 300 mile days though. I'm thinking about buying the gel seat since the handling is fine, but the long rides are getting a little hard on my butt.

I am going to have to do this in the next couple of weeks when I finally get the bus back together. Thanks for the link. Nice info.

I need to fiddle with mine a little more. I'm showing 6 lines on the front preload and getting close to bottoming out the front. (180 lbs)

Back