To decrease front end dive under braking I should....

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
On my Z that is. I know the expensive ways but I’m asking for the stock suspension, I’d like a little less dive under braking. Up top on each leg there is a spring preload adjuster and a rebound damping force adjuster. At the bottom of only the right fork is the compression damping force adjuster. Is this the way to make a cheap suspension? :laugh: Anyway, just to decrease the dive what should I do, just a few more turns of preload? I ride a lot of bumpy roads and wouldn’t want to make the ride anymore bumpy. It’s been awhile since I fiddled with this on my CBXs.

On my Z that is. I know the expensive ways but I’m asking for the stock suspension, I’d like a little less dive under braking. Up top on each leg there is a spring preload adjuster and a rebound damping force adjuster. At the bottom of only the right fork is the compression damping force adjuster. Is this the way to make a cheap suspension? :laugh: Anyway, just to decrease the dive what should I do, just a few more turns of preload? I ride a lot of bumpy roads and wouldn’t want to make the ride anymore bumpy. It’s been awhile since I fiddled with this on my CBXs.
Honestly Wuzza . . you really need to splash out and buy a set of heavier rated springs . . . increasing comp dampening will only make the ride harsher.
If you've got maximum preload already set on your stock springs, and it's still too soft/too much dive, heavier springs is the only option.
Even going to a heavier weight fork oil will only make the suspension harsher, increasing spring rate is the way forward my friend.

Oh, unless you lose weight off your bike AND your body lol.
(c10 may be able to help you on both fronts there!)

Maybe a set of Progressive springs up front with Gold Tech valves, these made a world of difference in my Bandit, made the front end feel planted again.

Like Greg said to a T . Note though Kaw has been doing this one leg comp since the Z1000 from the early 2000's . One thing to think is ship them off to Race Tech . Springs , and gold valves will make you very happy .

My '03 FZ1 had the same problem. I put a set of springs in it, fixed it perfectly. Fairly cheap and simple job.

Back