Suspension Help

bigmac0331

Donating Member
Registered
Need some good advice for a new suspension setup for my bike. It is lowered 2" and stretched 6 1/2"...I weigh 260lbs and would like to be able to carry a passenger. I had back surgery in July so I need some softness. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Get your rear shock resprung and revalved & tuned for sport touring.....

with your weight, the stretch, and a passenger your suspension is going to be uber soft. At a minimum you should respring the rear.

You'll get lots of advise on here but I'm not sure how much will be "Good Advise"!

You started out with about 4.5 inches of travel in your suspension.
You lowered the bike 2.0 inches so now you have 3.5 inches of travel.
You sit your 260 pound carcass on the bike and use another 1.5 - 2.0 inches of travel.
Now you add a passenger and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, you get the picture.

You can't fix it but you can make it so stiff that the suspension can't function resulting in driving your arse up between your shoulder blades every time you hit a bump.

You'll hear tons of arguments from guys with lowered bikes but in the real world, there is no fix. You pay a huge price in suspension performance when you lower your bike. Not to mention what you've done to your progressive linkage in the rear by changing the length of your dog bones.

So I think i am going to pony up and get a Dapincci air ride suspension. Its the one that BigRod1300 uses and its seems to work pretty well.

Back