Stiffining the suspension??

busabru

Never Forgotten
How do you stiffin the suspension on the busa...Mine is set a stock settings still and they suck....way to soft...unclear on how to stiffin it up...im 6' 260lbs..any suggestions other than buying a new suspension which i know is recommended for my size.

well....i kind of went to the garage and tried some stuff....seems to be stiffer but still not happy....i guess it is fine tuning until i can get some performance suspension parts..

There is a great write up on how to get your suspension set up for you by a member here but i cant seem to find it to give you the link... his board name is Jinkster so you could try searching and have better luck... or i'm sure someone will post it up... good luck!

You need to set up the bike for your weight.....setting sag and static sag first and then playing with the damping and rebound.
A pretty good article with some pics is here towards the bottom of the page. If you search the net you can find some suggested settings for the damping and rebound but you need to adjust them further for your weight and riding style. There is NO set settings. It's all up to what feels best for you and your bike.
Take your time and you will notice a huge improvment in how the bike handles.

You'll probably have to buy stiffer springs for your front forks. I weigh 165lbs and I cranked the preload all the way down and the bike was still not at the proper ride height. I ended up getting ohlin's internals(springs + more).

Here's Jinkster's thread;

+1 on what charles said!!

Check Jinkster's thread. It's all about static/laden sag measurements. @260lbs you're gonna bottom out the front forks + accelerate the damage to the fork seals. I, too, will have to go with heavier front springs. My preload adjustments are socked down full and the ride height is still "slightly" low.

When I tuned with Race Tech, Reb and comp are according to taste but the general rule is you want the bike the compress and rebound in 1 second or lower (for track). For street, you can set the compression rate with less damping to soak up the bumps.

I got some after market fork springs from traxcion dynamics out of Georgia all set for my weight, it is awesome. It now stays pretty flat under braking with my setup. It is pretty slick.

http://www.traxxion.com/

super.gif

Back