Supersprox up close..

Goatkart

Registered
Thought some people might be interested in this, for those who haven't gotten to see what the supersprox looks like up close...

I can confirm that it is lighter than an all steel unit... I had one in my hands earlier, though i didnt get actual mass information, the hand to hand comparo definitly seems to confirm it..

Proof that they make ones other than the gold and black sprockets as well..

2011-01-20_15-55-20_762.jpg

The inner ring is press fit into the outter ring..

2011-01-20_15-57-53_491.jpg

Close up of the teeth that supersprox advertises as proprietary to their setup...
2011-01-20_17-17-23_484.jpg

I had one, the worst thing about it was the GOLD center. Stuck out like a sore you-know-what.

I was not aware you could get them with the silver center, that looks much nicer

For the price, I will stick with my generic JT or Sunstars from now on.

I had one, the worst thing about it was the GOLD center. Stuck out like a sore you-know-what.

I was not aware you could get them with the silver center, that looks much nicer

For the price, I will stick with my generic JT or Sunstars from now on.

Was thinking of getting a Sunstar, but i had heard so much good stuff about the supersprox, i figured what the hell, give it a shot...

Like you, i wasn't crazy about the gold center... so when i found the silver one i scooped it right up..

:thumbsup:

With a black busa do you all think i should go with the white sprocket also?

EDIT: Nevermind I am stupid. i didnt know it was silver cause it almost looks white. Yeah definitely going with that because i have silver accents

I have the silver/black 05 combo as well...

The supersprox stamp is white, but the center piece is a standard CNC cut aluminum (7075-T6)..

I had the center of mine taped off and powder coated black.
He left the sprocket alone.
652537b5.jpg

We left the backside center where it contacts wheel alone so the Pc thickness (3 mil approx) would not offset chain or cause any problems.
0ae3d735.jpg

I had the center of mine taped off and powder coated black.
He left the sprocket alone.

We left the backside center where it contacts wheel alone so the Pc thickness (3 mil approx) would not offset chain or cause any problems.

Not a bad idea Saiid, On the bike i currently have an all black vortex aluminum... so im definitly a fan :)

This one i will likely leave as is however... Since i already have the black on silver bike, might as well carry it through the sprocket :thumbsup:

I emailed them and they said in april they are going to make them in 3 different colors red center but they said it could be 30.00 more. Because Im not to crazy about the gold center.

Aren't the actual sprockets aluminum and prone to wear quickly ?

No, the sprocket teeth are steel, so they wear longer than an aluminum one..

the carrier in the center is aluminum for weight savings...

I forgot to mention, i bought the sprocket from BallZ for those curious.. they have GEN I and II in silver

I run supersprox. For those of you running vortex sprockets, if you run your bike at the strip you will sooner or later rip the teeth off those aluminun sprockets.. If your gonna run aluminum sprockets, change them often or stay with a steel tooth sprocket.. I've been a victim of aluminum sprockets.

We can ship you all the SuperSprox. Love their stuff and been running it on my Busa for years now.

We are a dealer for Ball Z Motorsports, so we can ship you the silver SuperSprox too. I've got three of the silver ones sitting on my desk right now. :thumbsup:

To all, supersprox has a new program where you can custom order most sprockets and get them in Black, Red, or Blue and if you buy any
full kit from them the rear sprocket has lifetime warranty. I like the look of the gold but for those who don't its good info to know.

so when the teeth wear out can you just replace the outer ring or do you have to buy it all over again? just wondering looks like a great product! time to clean out the piggy bank! what do these cost?

Back