BST Wheels sprocket part II

2hip

Registered
Nose is close to the ground trying to pick up the scent of a company that sells steel sprockets for the Busa. Just got off of the phone with Drive Systems in Huntington Beach California. Quick and short of it: "you are wasting your time trying to find a 530 pitch steel sprocket for the Busa"..He said guys who are running the BST don't want the gyroscopic effect of a rotating steel mass to counter the advantages of the carbon fiber wheels...period...end of sentence...and then like a gentleman whose knocked you down..extends his hand to help you back up..he says, what you want is an anodized alloy sprocket. He told me to stay away from the Vortex because they are too soft. He said good luck trying to find them though. Aarrgghh!!:banghead:

Man that sucks. Maybe you should just ship those wheels to me and I'll waste my time sniffin out a sprocket.

I hate to say it, but he's right.

to add some gasoline why not go to a good 520 setup for even less weight.

He is so wrong, the Vortex sprocket you need is the PTFE Hardcoat. Don't get mad at this next statement, but I have found that the reason alot of you guys wear your chains/sprockets out is because you over maintenance your bikes drive system thinking it's better for it..
We use them on 200 to 400 hp bikes and never have a problem and they are the best... all the racers on the east coast I supply them to have no issues...

I have a guy that has had the same chain and sprocket set on his bike for 20k miles and drag races all the time and his looks nothing like the ones I see on here most times.. we watch it closely also..

Daniel,

SO then what is the key to getting an aluminum sprocket to last on the street? Plenty of lube, not a lot of lube, tension, what??

He is so wrong, the Vortex sprocket you need is the PTFE Hardcoat. Don't get mad at this next statement, but I have found that the reason alot of you guys wear your chains/sprockets out is because you over maintenance your bikes drive system thinking it's better for it..
We use them on 200 to 400 hp bikes and never have a problem and they are the best... all the racers on the east coast I supply them to have no issues...

I have a guy that has had the same chain and sprocket set on his bike for 20k miles and drag races all the time and his looks nothing like the ones I see on here most times.. we watch it closely also..

Over maintenance is NOT me!:laugh: I'd rather ride. I do have the Vortex hardcoated rear sprocket now, and so far it's wearing just fine.

Back