I need sprocket help for a marvic wheel

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
I run Marvics on my Busa as some already know. I go through rear sprockets just about every oil change.

It's bad enough trying to find someone that stocks a rear sprocket for my set-up. It seems most all performance wheels run a aluminum sprocket with some kind of hard anodizing. I really don't know if I could find a steel one or if it would even be worth the offset in weight savings.

I just about have 2-3 teeth completely missing and the rest are layed over in about 1000 miles of use. I gotta snap a few pics and post them up.

I know I am at the bottom of the tottem pole as far as worked Busa's go with about 218 to the wheel.

Any turbo owners running lighter wheels with ally sprockets?

Help Please.
Grab.

I too run Marvics on my Turbo Busa.

They are a very recent addition to the bike.

However, even with the stock wheels, I use Vortex sprockets.

And like you said.... I change them frequently.

Cecil, where are you getting your sprockets at? Im ready to just order 5 at a time. This sucks. I was just cleaning the other day and noticed it.. yet again. I have been running AFAM's because my wheels came with one.

Cecil have you called sprocket specialities about making some for you in steel so they'll last a bit longer . They made us a custom one for a trike conversion we did on a sportster .

Vortex is not far from the house, but they wont allow pick-iup. I order the ones for my bike directly from them.

vortex are good i have used them before.
vader1.gif

Cecil, where are you getting your sprockets at? Im ready to just order 5 at a time. This sucks. I was just cleaning the other day and noticed it.. yet again. I have been running AFAM's because my wheels came with one.
www.Vortex.com

and because Vortex is a local company... everyone around here sells them.

Hmm I thought marvic ran, I forget which model Kawasaki sprocket pattern. If you could find out the model cant you run the stock steel sprocket from the kwak?

Back