525 rear sprocket wanted

mjl3truck

Registered
I'm looking for a place to get a 525 pitch rear sprocket for a Gen I.
Seem to be having trouble can find 520 and 530 but not 525.
I picked up a project bike that had Core Moto wheels and the guy swapped the chain size but I didn't get the wheels with the bike.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I agree, but I bought this thing as a pig in a poke and I'm working my way through it as cheap as possible until I figure out if it is ok then I'll start throwing money at it. Currently it has a 525 chain and front sprocket with a 530 rear.
1) does it start, yes
2) check oil pressure, good
3) drain oil and cut open filter look for chunks, all good
4) Next step is to make sure it has all 6 gears, if it does I'll continue to work my way through it budgeting for the 530 stuff if everything else is good.

I'm looking for a place to get a 525 pitch rear sprocket for a Gen I.
Seem to be having trouble can find 520 and 530 but not 525.
I picked up a project bike that had Core Moto wheels and the guy swapped the chain size but I didn't get the wheels with the bike.
Thanks
So the bike has core moto wheels?
If so you need sprocket for the after market wheels, the bolt pattern is different

So the ebay and Amazon ones are just 530 sprockets, I don't know why they have them listed as 525 also. If you look up the Vortex part numbers they are giving they are 530s. Catfishin' I guess.
So.... I pulled the chain off my Gen II dropped a couple links put it on the Gen I with the 525 front and the 530 rear sprockets rode the Gen I for about 5 miles to check to make sure it had all 6 gears, yes. Now I'll just get a 530 front sprocket for the Gen I be done with it and won't feel too bad about doing a 520 conversion on my Gen II.

Back