Supercharged Gen II

Sometimes we can get caught up in really silly conversations. We're talking 300+ hp people - WHO CARES IF A TURBO IS MORE EFFICIENT?

What matters is that this is a super cool bike with some first rate craftsmanship on the mod. Would I spend the money to do this to my Busa? Probably not. But none the less I got nothing but love for this bike.

Job well done Born2burn :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Those who can do, those who can't Blog.
I have built several turbo bikes and I built the engine on this bike.
I have ridden both.
This bike is a dream to ride. Electric is the best description. No lag, no surprises, just on when you turn the grip.
I can make more horsepower but it would require more from the bottom end than stock can deliver.
But if you think a turbo is better for the street, then you have never driven a blown bike.:moon:

Alright you two nobody said the build wasn't cool or a supercharger sucked:spank: A simple question about the difference in superchargers and turbos was asked and a fair answer was replied with both pros and cons for each. The owner of the bike from the looks of his paint ect.... wanted to be different so what better way to further separate you bike from the pack than add a supercharger. And Efficiency plays a HUGE role in deciding what type of power adder you choose so I would only expect someone to say it doesn't matter come from someone who hasn't thought about upgrading to either a turbo or supercharger. Anways.....nice bike and looks like it has alot of attention to detail, most impressed with the fairing being fabbed up to cover the supercharger that gives it a very fit finish

Last edited:
Awesome awesome awesome set up... and OUTSTANDING numbers. After just doing some stuff to my Busa, I'm able to make those mods null and void and am going with a turbo.. or so I thought. After seeing this post, and those NUMBERS, I might change my mind. I can't find a price on this kit. Are you willing to share that info? If so, feel free to IM me, or make it public. No biggie. Again, awesome set up. Does she whine?!

Okay I paid $6400.00 just for the kit. This is the website. Suzuki Hayabusa Motorcycle Supercharger Suzuki Hayabusa Moto. You have to call and get a quote in that he didn't really plan to sell that many of these. I got the 3rd one he made. There's one on an 08 busa on youtube (
- Hayabusa Bastard SuperCharged! - First Ride *HQ missing last 21 secs - switch to Normal Quality*[/url]), and there's also one on a B-King. I originally had planned to put one on a 99 Busa 4 years ago, but never got around to doing it. TFOG took this bike on as a project so I got a big break on most of the work. The same thing is true with the paint and body work. My attitude all along was to do what they felt was best so they all had a say so in what was done. So to answer your question on price I'd say somewhere north of ten grand for the engine build and accessories (PC5, Autotune, Secondary Fuel Module, Quick Shifter), and another 6 grand for the paint and bodywork. I've riddin it and it's very mild mannered (25-45 mph all day long), but if you jump on the throttle it'll give you the ride of your life, both at the low end and the high end. Ever brought the front tire up @ 100+ mph?? This bike does it. Shooter792 spent alot of time on this bike and I really appreciate all of his hard work!!!!!! Even moreso now that it's done!!!!!!!!! Thanks Jeff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've followed this build from the first post as I have an interest in modding a Gen II in similar fashion. Continued kudos to you B2B as time and patience appear to be paying off in adrenalin dividends; my kind of market! Let the naysayers continue to bray and hat's off to the visionary among us. Looking forward to more follow-up and similar articles on SC builds. Again, mucho congrats on a job well done! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Thanks for this great report :bowdown:
The powergrahp is so nice and linear.
Good choice on this charger. Even the new Horex is using....the smallest of rotrex ,and still good for 200+HP

Great job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
What max boost do you get out of the C30-94 ,and what spacer did you use on it ?
Can you please post some pics of the intercooler.

You wont stay allone with SC :cheerleader:

For all who dont know what born2burn has now on its bike ,look at the references here
Rotrex A/S

B2B,

Did you say you are running a stock 190/50 on that? I can't believe that thing doesn't just start smoking at the lightest crack of the throttle. That video is awesome:drool:

I can't believe how it jumps up and down the speedo, that's totally crazy. Also it didn't sound like I could hear the SC whine. Does it whine like one of those AMX cars in the original Mad Max movie?

(let me guess, you're too young to remember the original Mad Max)

Last edited:
The rotrex doesnt whine like other chargers , because of its drive principle , its oil driven .
I like the whining too , but this systems has no gears. Im working as automotive supplier in tooling business ,and like this system also because of this ,as it cant wear out (mecanical) But the special oil they use seems to have some gold flitters in it. Its dammed expensive.

b2b
Did you install a blowoff or bypass ?
At low boost i heard its not nescessary as the blower dont come to surge as a turbo , and will not be damaged blowing "against" the closed throttlebody.

B2B,
Awesome bike and build. I too am looking for steady smooth power and will be looking into the same kit. I love riding the mountains and was always concerned with the power bands of the turbos. looks like the supercharger is the ticket for me. I also like the way the fairings are not cut up. Nice smooth lines with plenty of power.

B2B,
Awesome bike and build. I too am looking for steady smooth power and will be looking into the same kit. I love riding the mountains and was always concerned with the power bands of the turbos. looks like the supercharger is the ticket for me. I also like the way the fairings are not cut up. Nice smooth lines with plenty of power.

The fairings are cut up, look closer at the right side of the bike. Hint: the stock one is not that bulgy...

TFOG took this bike on as a project so I got a big break on most of the work.

TFOG in Golden? Heard many good things about them - noticed your in Denver, so it must be them :)

There are 100's of Turbo Busa's prowling the streets, but you have a totally unique and cool bike here, so ignore the naysayers :thumbsup:

Thanks for this great report :bowdown:
The powergrahp is so nice and linear.
Good choice on this charger. Even the new Horex is using....the smallest of rotrex ,and still good for 200+HP

Great job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
What max boost do you get out of the C30-94 ,and what spacer did you use on it ?
Can you please post some pics of the intercooler.

You wont stay allone with SC :cheerleader:

For all who dont know what born2burn has now on its bike ,look at the references here
Rotrex A/S

Okay when we (TFOG) talk about boost at this time last year 11psi was the number we came up with. Here is a picture of the intercooler. It's actually an airbox modification. What TTS Performance did was get rid of the stock airbox and build one with what look like radiator fins. One of the RAM air ports is just a dummy. It's been replaced by the discharge off of the blower which is tied into the airbox. The other Ram air port channels air through the intercooler cooling the air from the blower. Rode it hard today and the temperature gauge never reached the halfway mark.

IMAG0082.jpg

B2B,

Did you say you are running a stock 190/50 on that? I can't believe that thing doesn't just start smoking at the lightest crack of the throttle. That video is awesome:drool:

I can't believe how it jumps up and down the speedo, that's totally crazy. Also it didn't sound like I could hear the SC whine. Does it whine like one of those AMX cars in the original Mad Max movie?

(let me guess, you're too young to remember the original Mad Max)

Yep Shinko Ultrasoft!!!! and it does get squirrally when you get aggressive with the throttle. I almost wrecked it 5 minutes after picking it up from the painters yesterday. It felt underpowered from when I rode it 4 months ago, so I goosed it and the teat tire spun out from under me. Luckily I was able to get it under control. As was said in an earlier post it is as mild mannered as they come (easily drivable from 5mph and up) but if you go deep into the throttle she comes alive in a way that's down right scary. There is a low whine in the SC, but I like it. I can also hear the blower while riding. Sound like the air-conditioner in the car.

The rotrex doesnt whine like other chargers , because of its drive principle , its oil driven .
I like the whining too , but this systems has no gears. Im working as automotive supplier in tooling business ,and like this system also because of this ,as it cant wear out (mecanical) But the special oil they use seems to have some gold flitters in it. Its dammed expensive.

b2b
Did you install a blowoff or bypass ?
At low boost i heard its not nescessary as the blower dont come to surge as a turbo , and will not be damaged blowing "against" the closed throttlebody.

I think you're refering to the traction coolant, and yes it is expensive ($100 a quart). There is no blowoff or bypass, as a matter of fact we think there's another 30-40 hp in this setup if we can get more fuel flow. The idea that Shooter792 has been contemplating is bypassing the pressure regulator on the fuel pump, putting a bigger regulator downstream along with a return line back to the fuel tank. Because of the reading of the air fuel ratio on the dyno he believes that in reaching 317hp we merely reached the capacity of the fuel pump. Anyway we may persue that other 30 hp over the winter.

TFOG in Golden? Heard many good things about them - noticed your in Denver, so it must be them :)

There are 100's of Turbo Busa's prowling the streets, but you have a totally unique and cool bike here, so ignore the naysayers :thumbsup:

TFOG is in Golden. They've done all of my bike work for the last 5 years and I've never been dissappointed. Wouldn't even dream of going to a dewalership. Being different was definitely the idea behind the build.

Okay when we (TFOG) talk about boost at this time last year 11psi was the number we came up with. Here is a picture of the intercooler. It's actually an airbox modification. What TTS Performance did was get rid of the stock airbox and build one with what look like radiator fins. One of the RAM air ports is just a dummy. It's been replaced by the discharge off of the blower which is tied into the airbox. The other Ram air port channels air through the intercooler cooling the air from the blower. Rode it hard today and the temperature gauge never reached the halfway mark.

Thanks for information :thumbsup:

With the ramairs is what i see at TTS. On the rigt side up to plenum. Left side as air support for intercooler.
What i thaught about , was the heat under the fuel reservoir ,and ,were the hot air "comes out" and :will an intercooler in this place work ?
I see you did it :thumbsup:

Rotrex is talking about 15-17 PSi with the C30-94. :poke:
So i better believe your reached numbers with 11 in reality :beerchug:

I want to use only a 040 spacer plate.
Fuel system with a Bosch 0580 314 068 (mod done :please:,works fine)
XX injectors (in my garage ,not yet mounted)
and ECU-Flash should be ok for 300 HP

Thanks again for reporting :beerchug::beerchug:

Hi Guys. I haven't had time to venture onto this forum in a while buit one of my German customers pointed me your way.
Its great to see one of my conversions on the forum. TFOG got on with the conversion pretty well on their own with only one or two glitches I helped sort out. I was pleased they had minimal trouble :)

The one thing that I will say is that the ECU editor is the way to go for mapping, either with or without the pc5. The power curve I attach was with intank Walbro pump, adjustable regulator and standard injectors. i used 5 bar fuel pressure and got the injectors to open together with the ECU Editor where it was on boost. I also pulled a load of ignition out (10 deg) at the top end to stop det. We still pulled 350 ish whp. I attach a couple of pictures without a full fairing covering the drive train. As you can see the ground clearance doesn't suffer much at all, maybe 5 degree's. If you need any info I will be pleased to reply.

DSC01047.JPG

DSC01049.JPG

DSC01051.JPG

SCAN0020.jpg

DSC00627.JPG

Back