Superbowl Sham?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
About halfway through the game last night I started to feel the finger on the scales for the Rams. The TD that put the Rams in the driver's seat had one of the most obvious face masking penalties that actually determined the outcome of the play that I've seen this year and there were no flags thrown. Then the Rams benefit from a touch penalty in the final drive. It's a shame given that the playoffs this year displayed the game played at its highest level to come down to a lop-sided flag-determined final.

I don't have a dog in the fight as I don't have a passion for either team. I just wanted to see a hard-fought contest not determined by flags thrown or not thrown.

Anyway, halftime was spectacular. I wish RAP would go back in this direction. Maybe with Snoop running Death Row Records, we can see that influence again? Would have been cool to stage a mock east-west coast gun battle in the middle of the show though, ok maybe not. Haha

The Super Bowl halftime show was for you if you...

Died from dysentery on the Oregon Trail
Knew the Konami Code by heart
Wore Z Cavarrici’s and had your pager hooked to the belt loop
Were stealing music thru WaRez servers on AOL
Your first email address was AOL or Hotmail
Owned a copy of Doggystyle on CD
Taped Casey Kasem Top 40 on a cassette player
Thankful social media wasn't around till you finished college
Used a phone attached to the wall in the kitchen that you actually dialed in a circle, not pressed
Heated your eyeliner with a lighter
Built your first website on GeoCities
Ever been choked out by your automatic seatbelt at the Drive-thru ATM
Were in the middle of a big download and someone in your house picks up the other line
You rented VCRs, had to take them home in a huge box and hook them up and then pack them up to take back
Were asked smoking or non-smoking when you went into a restaurant
Ever paid for internet, BY THE MINUTE
STILL PISSED about “New Coke.”
Had a beeper
Owned a Big Johnson t-shirt
Your first car had a cigarette tray in the car door
Had typing class in school and only got an A if you could reach 40 words per minute
Placed a quarter on a video game to mark your turn was next
Removed the face from your car stereo only to throw it under the passenger seat when you got out of the car
If your grandma did an “emergency breakthrough” with the operator to clear up the party line so she could talk to your dad
Know the only appropriate tool to fix a cassette tape is a pencil
Were scared sh*tless by television movies like The Day After, Testament, and Threads
Passed notes folded in "football shapes"
Had to wait till 7pm to call anybody because it was cheaper
Played CDs in your car with a Sony portable disc player connected to the cassette player
Hit the side of your television to ‘fix it’
Know which bad words your Speak N Spell will actually say
Waited in line to see The Muppet Movie and then your parents were dumbfounded by Kermit riding a bicycle
Watched the Space Shuttle blow up live in 5th period math class
Sometimes people couldn't reach you by phone because you just weren't home
Called your mom collect from a pay phone and the call was from “movieovercomegetme”
Rolled your pants and tucked them
Had a cool sleeping bag, tent, red and black lumber jack pendleton, or leather bomber jacket with Marlboro printed on it
Played Dig Dug on a Commodore 64
Drank Zima and encouraged others to do so
Drank Mad Dog 20/20 and Boones Farm in a corn field
Had a car floor littered with MapQuest printouts
Owned a Spuds McKenzie t-shirt
Remember the exact date Super Mario Bros 3 was released
Played Where in the World is Carmen San Diego on an IBM computer
Were too scared to swim in your backyard pool after watching Jaws
Saw The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi in theaters
Can drive a manual transmission automobile
Know what it's like to sit through actual commercials
Owned a pickup with a gun rack in the rear window
Bought 16 cassette tapes for a penny
Had a "cell phone" antenna that stuck outside your car
Wore crazy dark lip liner
Chatted with AIM

The Super Bowl halftime show was for you if you...

Died from dysentery on the Oregon Trail
Knew the Konami Code by heart
Wore Z Cavarrici’s and had your pager hooked to the belt loop
Were stealing music thru WaRez servers on AOL
Your first email address was AOL or Hotmail
Owned a copy of Doggystyle on CD
Taped Casey Kasem Top 40 on a cassette player
Thankful social media wasn't around till you finished college
Used a phone attached to the wall in the kitchen that you actually dialed in a circle, not pressed
Heated your eyeliner with a lighter
Built your first website on GeoCities
Ever been choked out by your automatic seatbelt at the Drive-thru ATM
Were in the middle of a big download and someone in your house picks up the other line
You rented VCRs, had to take them home in a huge box and hook them up and then pack them up to take back
Were asked smoking or non-smoking when you went into a restaurant
Ever paid for internet, BY THE MINUTE
STILL PISSED about “New Coke.”
Had a beeper
Owned a Big Johnson t-shirt
Your first car had a cigarette tray in the car door
Had typing class in school and only got an A if you could reach 40 words per minute
Placed a quarter on a video game to mark your turn was next
Removed the face from your car stereo only to throw it under the passenger seat when you got out of the car
If your grandma did an “emergency breakthrough” with the operator to clear up the party line so she could talk to your dad
Know the only appropriate tool to fix a cassette tape is a pencil
Were scared sh*tless by television movies like The Day After, Testament, and Threads
Passed notes folded in "football shapes"
Had to wait till 7pm to call anybody because it was cheaper
Played CDs in your car with a Sony portable disc player connected to the cassette player
Hit the side of your television to ‘fix it’
Know which bad words your Speak N Spell will actually say
Waited in line to see The Muppet Movie and then your parents were dumbfounded by Kermit riding a bicycle
Watched the Space Shuttle blow up live in 5th period math class
Sometimes people couldn't reach you by phone because you just weren't home
Called your mom collect from a pay phone and the call was from “movieovercomegetme”
Rolled your pants and tucked them
Had a cool sleeping bag, tent, red and black lumber jack pendleton, or leather bomber jacket with Marlboro printed on it
Played Dig Dug on a Commodore 64
Drank Zima and encouraged others to do so
Drank Mad Dog 20/20 and Boones Farm in a corn field
Had a car floor littered with MapQuest printouts
Owned a Spuds McKenzie t-shirt
Remember the exact date Super Mario Bros 3 was released
Played Where in the World is Carmen San Diego on an IBM computer
Were too scared to swim in your backyard pool after watching Jaws
Saw The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi in theaters
Can drive a manual transmission automobile
Know what it's like to sit through actual commercials
Owned a pickup with a gun rack in the rear window
Bought 16 cassette tapes for a penny
Had a "cell phone" antenna that stuck outside your car
Wore crazy dark lip liner
Chatted with AIM
Epic post! I've done a few of these ....yet to see the halftime show though. I heard it was amazing.

29yo here. Was in bed by 9. watched the half time show on YouTube today and liked it. I don't watch football but watch the halftime shows the next day.

About halfway through the game last night I started to feel the finger on the scales for the Rams. The TD that put the Rams in the driver's seat had one of the most obvious face masking penalties that actually determined the outcome of the play that I've seen this year and there were no flags thrown.
Hmmm. The obvious no call face mask issue was committed by Tee Higgins of the Bengals against Jalen Ramsey of the Rams and it led to the Bengal's last touchdown. The Rams then trailed until they scored in the last two minutes.

Hmmm. The obvious no call face mask issue was committed by Tee Higgins of the Bengals against Jalen Ramsey of the Rams and it led to the Bengal's last touchdown. The Rams then trailed until they scored in the last two minutes.

Yeah, WTH Willie? “The TD that put the Rams in the driver's seat had one of the most obvious face masking penalties that actually determined the outcome of the play”

The Rams in the drivers seat?

Yeah, WTH Willie? “The TD that put the Rams in the driver's seat had one of the most obvious face masking penalties that actually determined the outcome of the play”

The Rams in the drivers seat?
Mis-typed. I meant that they try to keep things close. Sometime in the morning, I start a post and I'm doing a lot of other things so it gets garbled. My Bad!

The so called “questionable” call in the last 2 minutes was the holding call, holding around the waist and grabbing Kupp’s jersey in the end zone. The truth is, Kupp is virtually unstoppable without holding him, especially with Stafford at quarterback.

Last edited:
Back