super Glue on my paint!

Had a drop of super glue get on my black paint! Is there any removal tricks?
Not that I am aware of anything harsh enough to remove crazy glue is ztrong enough to remove paint. I would try freon and hopefully the glue gets brittle enough to chip away. I DONT know if that would work but that's what I would try. Remember if you fuk up chances are its going to look worse.

rubbersidedown

BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Janitorial supply house. Ask for chewing gum remover. Its a freezing agent in a handy little can.(doubtful)

As far as chemicals go...I have used as harsh as cumbustion chamber cleaner with no adverse effects.(doubtful)

The other thing would be a scapal or dentists tool. Try and lift it off. (doubtful)

And lastly,a dremel,an ultra fine bit,a nice bright light,and a magnifing glass. Time to play brain surgeon. Finish off with a wet sand and cut polish.Thats the route I might take. It will take time and patience. But if you only grind as far as the clear coat,the rest is easy.

Good luck.

RSD.

Chango

Registered
I can't believe it! My girlfriends mother said that she would use WD40 as a cleaner and you know what it took a hell of alot of scrubbing but it worked paint and clear coat in tact!!!!! Who would have thought? Thanks for the suggestions and replies. That is the last time I set on my bike and try to fix my $20 goggles to risk a priceless paint job. Not my finest moment! LOL.

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
I wonder if it was the petroleum distileates in the WD40 that took it off. I know acetone will remove super glue when you glue your fingers together or to your project.

I didn't have acetone but I was able to use goop hand cleaner to separate my fingers.

rubbersidedown

BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I can't believe it! My girlfriends mother said that she would use WD40 as a cleaner and you know what it took a hell of alot of scrubbing but it worked paint and clear coat in tact!!!!! Who would have thought? Thanks for the suggestions and replies. That is the last time I set on my bike and try to fix my $20 goggles to risk a priceless paint job. Not my finest moment! LOL.
too funny. We have all been using WD40 on the board for over 10 years to remove the factory stickers.

I didn't think to suggest it because I figured it would not be powerfull enough.

I gotta give up this bad habit of over thinkin' shi7. :laugh:

good 4 U dude. :thumbsup:

RSD.

Chango

Registered
As I said that was not my finest moment! LOL goggles broke had super glue in my pocket from fixing my little girls toy so I tried to put just a drop on my goggles and it dripped on my busa! the WD40 worked for the most part but there is still a small mark. that I can live with. LOL! thanks for all the input! gonna hit the whole bike with honda cleaner today!

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
This sounds like something Newman would do.. :rofl:

Glad you got it off!

Chango

Registered
I cant say I know how it worked but it had little effect going on but as I let it set it seemed to make the cloudy part go away! then I scrubbed like hell and most came off!

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schnite21