super Glue on my paint!

Had a drop of super glue get on my black paint! Is there any removal tricks?

Not that I am aware of anything harsh enough to remove crazy glue is ztrong enough to remove paint. I would try freon and hopefully the glue gets brittle enough to chip away. I DONT know if that would work but that's what I would try. Remember if you fuk up chances are its going to look worse.

Janitorial supply house. Ask for chewing gum remover. Its a freezing agent in a handy little can.(doubtful)

As far as chemicals go...I have used as harsh as cumbustion chamber cleaner with no adverse effects.(doubtful)

The other thing would be a scapal or dentists tool. Try and lift it off. (doubtful)

And lastly,a dremel,an ultra fine bit,a nice bright light,and a magnifing glass. Time to play brain surgeon. Finish off with a wet sand and cut polish.Thats the route I might take. It will take time and patience. But if you only grind as far as the clear coat,the rest is easy.

Good luck.

RSD.

I can't believe it! My girlfriends mother said that she would use WD40 as a cleaner and you know what it took a hell of alot of scrubbing but it worked paint and clear coat in tact!!!!! Who would have thought? Thanks for the suggestions and replies. That is the last time I set on my bike and try to fix my $20 goggles to risk a priceless paint job. Not my finest moment! LOL.

I wonder if it was the petroleum distileates in the WD40 that took it off. I know acetone will remove super glue when you glue your fingers together or to your project.

I didn't have acetone but I was able to use goop hand cleaner to separate my fingers.

I can't believe it! My girlfriends mother said that she would use WD40 as a cleaner and you know what it took a hell of alot of scrubbing but it worked paint and clear coat in tact!!!!! Who would have thought? Thanks for the suggestions and replies. That is the last time I set on my bike and try to fix my $20 goggles to risk a priceless paint job. Not my finest moment! LOL.

too funny. We have all been using WD40 on the board for over 10 years to remove the factory stickers.

I didn't think to suggest it because I figured it would not be powerfull enough.

I gotta give up this bad habit of over thinkin' shi7. :laugh:

good 4 U dude. :thumbsup:

RSD.

As I said that was not my finest moment! LOL goggles broke had super glue in my pocket from fixing my little girls toy so I tried to put just a drop on my goggles and it dripped on my busa! the WD40 worked for the most part but there is still a small mark. that I can live with. LOL! thanks for all the input! gonna hit the whole bike with honda cleaner today!

This sounds like something Newman would do.. :rofl:

Glad you got it off!

I cant say I know how it worked but it had little effect going on but as I let it set it seemed to make the cloudy part go away! then I scrubbed like hell and most came off!

Back